Akcrogers' 92 X - Lots of Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Akcrogers' 92 X - Lots of Pics

I've been on here way too long to not have a page for the X, and since my it is "done" (for at least a little while), I guess I don't have an excuse. [Pics below all this mumbo-jumbo]

Basics:
'92 Explorer, 5.5" Superlift w/ Superunner Steering and 3" Trailmaster BL. 33" BFG A/T on 15x10 rims. Superlift Shocks, Rancho Stabalizer, ProComp Stainless Brake Lines.

Performance Mods:
Jet Chip, K&N Filter, Gibson Performance Exhaust, drilled airbox.

Styling:
Herculineritus, Bushwacker Extenda-Fender Flares, Lund Bugshield, Vent Shades, Grill Cover, Floormats, Hoodscoops, Rear Spoiler, Smittybilt Taillight Guards, and anOutland Grill Guard in the garage.

Lighting:
Blue headlights, reverse lights, license plate lights, tirefly tire lights, hood/washer lights. PIAA 2 ion crystal fogs to go under bumper switched with dims, 2 ion crystal driving lights for bumper switched with brights installed, 5 Xtreme white driving lights for the roof on standalone switches installed, 2 big reverse lights, 2 white/blue interior accent lights.

Audio:
JVC KD-SH99 MP3/CD head unit. This a sweet deck, I highly recomend it to anyone, 200+ songs on one cd is incredible. Jensen 220 watt amp hooked to two audiovox 10s in a custom storage/speaker box in the back. I know the amp and speakers are crap, but they sound good for now, and I don't have the want or cash to get good components, rather spend my $ on the 4wd side of things.

Whats Left: 35s. However, I can't afford 150 $/tire rubber + the gears to be able to run them right now, so thats on hold. In the longer term, the poor little 4.0L V6 is starting to tap. It looks like a 302 is out of the question due to crapy Alaska emissions crap, so if I can't do the 302, it will just have to get a rebuilt, supercharged v6 when this one dies. Also on the list is a new tranny.

d01.jpg

d02.jpg

df02.jpg

df03.jpg

dr01.jpg

dr02.jpg

f01.jpg

pf01.jpg

pf02.jpg

pr01.jpg

Thats it for now. Hope you enjoyed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mint truck man, i say you keep the 33s, i love the look of a big lift with some wide meats and the tops of the tires almost level with the rocker panels! im thinking about doing something similar with my 94 sport. i wanna get the superlift 5.5" lift and 31x12.50(or even13.50) on 15x10s. i think that would look pretty sick, it would be pretty stable too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks great. nice job

Where are the off road pics???

we should have an Explorer only run next summer in AK. Maybe somwhere central like Perm or Perches in palmer area. I could come up from Soldotna, AKJack is allready there. I know there are a few more X's running around AK. Time for a round-up!

sounds like a plan!

Now why couldn't this have gotten organized this summer??? :( I am now leaving Alaska in 2-3 weeks. I keep seeing more and more lifted 91-94 Ex's around Anchorage so I think an Alaskan Explorer Club could be formed.

leaving for good?!?!?!

AlaskanJack said:
Now why couldn't this have gotten organized this summer??? :( I am now leaving Alaska in 2-3 weeks. I keep seeing more and more lifted 91-94 Ex's around Anchorage so I think an Alaskan Explorer Club could be formed.

that would have been awsome! to bad it aint gonna happen

snowburns said:
leaving for good?!?!?!

Yes!! Just recieved my offer of employment contract this morning for me to sign and I gave my notice to my work yesterday.

Chris - I was reading about you wanting to do a gear change. FYI there is a company in Wasilla that will regear each axle for $300 and that includes the gears and install kit. I imagine it would be a little more for the front axle with the cost of the reverse rotation gears being so much. But if you want I will have a 4.10 front 3rd member set up that you could install yourself. There is also a great gear guy on the northern4x4 board here that will set up an axle for $125 and you supply the gears and install kit. But if you want I have a front and rear 3.73 set up I am not going to be installing, once again the front is all ready set up.

Are you moving to AZ?

I'll work on getting these pictures back up again, I keep changing hosts :(
Just finished installing a new starter after the last one pooped out, and finally got around to doing the superunner steering, makes a world of difference, wish I had done that earlier.

I dont see any picture's....is your image hosting down?

Finally got those pics back up. I really ought to put up some action shots sometime

lookin good, and yeah post up some action shots when you get them

shes a beaut

Back