Alarm Goes Off at Turn of the Ignition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alarm Goes Off at Turn of the Ignition

steelman83

Reaction score
City, State
portsmouth va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer xlt 4.0 4wd
Ok, so in my 2003 Explorer XLT 4 door v6, when I turn the key to start the alarm starts going off. The only way I have been able to get it to stop is by disconnecting the battery. I can reconnect the battery but again when I turn the key to start the alarm goes off. It will not start or even turn over. I tried hitting the unlock buttons on the door and on the key fob but nothing. It will not lock or unlock. I should note that I just did the heater core and had the battery disconnected for a couple days. Hopefully I didn't mess up any of the wiring while pulling the dash out. It is btw a Ford alarm system.

Ok after three days I was ready to tow it to an auto electric shop and decided to give our one more shot. Come to find out my mechanically inclined brother in law, wink wink, hasn't tightened the bolt going thru the main connector on the passenger side! Tightened it down and everything works perfectly.

So I was just getting ready to tow it to an automotive electric shop when I decided to look it over once more. Come to find out my mechanically inclined brother in law, wink wink, who helped me get it back together hadn't tightened the bolt in the main connector on the passenger side. Tightened it down and everything works great.

Back