Alignment/camber kit question. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alignment/camber kit question.

I agree DirtJunky...I'm replacing the two piece UCA with the one piece and want that extra adjustabilty. Plus the roads here in the DMV are a POS (lots of road construction), so I'm beefing up the suspension with new tires and the UCA and gas shocks to get things smoothed out.:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just replaced my UCA's with BTF upper control arms. Took the Explorer to get an alignment( with my lifetime alignment from Firestone) was told the camber was hella off by, and they couldn't do more with out the camber kit on the passenger side. Well that being said they told be it would be over $300 for them to do the job...right, rolled down to O'reilly's and got a camber/caster kit for $36. Gonna slap them on and take it back tomorrow. Any tips or hints I should know before I do this?

Good job. Just hope Firestone honors your "lifetime" alignment after YOU installed them.

Good job. Just hope Firestone honors your "lifetime" alignment after YOU installed them.

Glad to see that I'm on the right track. I talked with their manager and they said it wouldn't be a problem. If it turns into an issue I'll make it a bigger one then they thought.

Back