Camber kit installed?

jonesmw10

Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer AWD V8
Hey all,

I apologize in advance for the noob question, I'm sure it has been asked a million times. I'm doing lower ball joints and an inner tie rod this weekend, meaning I'm going to need an alignment after (it's needed anyways, camber is wayyyyyy off). Can you tell me, do I have a camber alignment kit installed? I see what looks like an adjustment hole in the washer but only see it on one washer per bolt? Or is that normal on some kits?

Thanks in advance :)

qrl0go.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If there rounded all the way around and only square on top. Then yes you have a camber kit installed. Stock ones are rigid and sit securely between those with no adjustment.

Awesome, thanks everyone! Looks like I have the kit installed. Makes my life a bit easier!

Awesome, thanks everyone! Looks like I have the kit installed. Makes my life a bit easier!
Yes it does. Those things are a biatch to install. All the brake lines are right in the way on the driver side.

Yes it does. Those things are a biatch to install. All the brake lines are right in the way on the driver side.

Aw man, think you jinxed me lol. Installed both lower ball joints today and found a lot of slop in the upper on the driver side, as well as the bushings are shot. Another project for next weekend :)

Back