Aloha from Hawaii! HD tonneau question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aloha from Hawaii! HD tonneau question

Reaction score
City, State
Lihue
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 F150 Harley Davidson
Hi I'm Mike at a Ford dealership parts dept. in Hawaii. We have a 2000 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edtion with a tonnaeu cover that need a replacement key cylinder and cables for the latch. I found this forum while googling for the lock cylinder. My understand from talking with a business that has been selling tonneau covers for over 20 years, is that Ford had some deal with Leer when they built these Harley Davison F150s with the tonneau covers. The lock cylinder is long and cable connection is unique. Is there some other option out there to replace the key cylinder and cables for the latches at anyone has come across that will work?

key cylinder.jpg cable connection and release..jpg hole on tonneau cover for key cylinder.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi I'm Mike at a Ford dealership parts dept. in Hawaii. We have a 2000 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edtion with a tonnaeu cover that need a replacement key cylinder and cables for the latch. I found this forum while googling for the lock cylinder. My understand from talking with a business that has been selling tonneau covers for over 20 years, is that Ford had some deal with Leer when they built these Harley Davison F150s with the tonneau covers. The lock cylinder is long and cable connection is unique. Is there some other option out there to replace the key cylinder and cables for the latches at anyone has come across that will work?

View attachment 436163 View attachment 436164 View attachment 436165
welcome!!!!!! been too long since been back to the islands!

View attachment 436163 View attachment 436164 View attachment 436165
Welcome! You might be joined the wrong forum for that. Try f150forum.com

We have a F150 section here that I’m moving this into, but as mentioned above, you might also try a full F150 site.
I’m in Omao btw, howzit!

Back