Already have a decent lift..whats the next step? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Already have a decent lift..whats the next step?

Yea it will stay blue. Today I ditched all the eddie bauer stuff off of it, soon I will be rhino lining the bottom half and around the fenders. Lots of holes to cover. lots

Also... I can def tell the rear is sagging bad...and the leafs are flat, damn near broke over.
Is there a specific leaf I should get? Or just get some new stockers with aal?
ty!

anyone help on this issue? It really looks like crap sagging in the rear :thumbdwn:

on a good note, if tomorrow goes well..the bottom all around will be rhino lined. Cant wait, hopefully it looks good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, heres the pics. They are not the best, and the truck is filthy. But you get the point. And like I said, now you can really see the squat in the rear :thumbdwn:
We will be going around the bumpers and everything on the next nice day..as we did 2 trucks just today.

HPIM1402.jpg

HPIM1403.jpg

HPIM1406.jpg

HPIM1407.jpg

I will be getting some clean pics very soon...
on a side note..what stock springs do I want to replace these? Just 95-01 4 door ones..or is there a better stock option?

Wow, I really like that Rhino Linging like that. I was considering doing that and now that's one more thing I'm for sure going to do. It's pretty Smooth looking, Was it that hard to do?

Wow that looks so much better without the tan eddie bauer stuff.

Since we're talking about it, do any of you have measurements from the autozone shackles?

I don't know how long the shackles are, but when I installed them on my Explorer I got exactly 1" of lift on both sides.

i got shackles off ebay two weeks ago because my stock ones were rusting out. they were about 2 inches maybe? longer than the stock ones. i installed them and they gave me about a 1" lift also in the rear. i also had the same problem you did with the back end being lower after the 3" body lift and the shackles perfected the stance of the truck. i highly recommend getting the aftermarkets off ebay for about 60 bucks.

Thanks for all your comments guys!
I did finally get all the lining done all the way around. And put on a new all black grill. It looks great, very militant. Ill be washing and taking clean pics very soon:thumbsup:

Well today we are going SOA. I want to offset the lift a little my making some factory length leaf shackles. Does anyone know the eye to eye length on factory rear leaf shackles?

5.5" eye to eye on the factory shackles.
You're going to have a bit of forward rake with the SOA.. Might not look too bad though.

ok..completed and washed pics for those that wanted to see it. later
pict0401.jpg

pict0403.jpg

pict0404.jpg

Back