Am I crazy or is there simply no info? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I crazy or is there simply no info?

boostmaster

Reaction score
City, State
SoCal
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
I'm new here but I've been searching my A$$ off and I can't seem to find but a handful of posts relating to the everpresent topic of door panel issues with the explorers.

My 1991 2 door tan interior is in need of door panels. I cannot seem to find a resource for used panels or, even better, a cusotm solution that someone may have perfected on their own ex.

Am I doomed to not be able to locate this info or does it simply not exist? I can't believe everyone with broken panels has opted to go with the pricey $300 replacements..

Can anyone direct me??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been here for 3 years and never really say any threads about the door pannels being a problem. Not to say that there weren't any but I havent seen any.
Local junk yard?

If you are referring to the door panel where the handle breaks, I recall seeing a couple posts. They are available on ebay, I have installed one myself.

Actually, I'm looking for the interior door panel (ie: the plastic piece that covers the entire door.)

The handle/pull trim piece IS available through ebay for about $18.00 (available only in grey or tan).

The actual handle/pull (ie: the cylindrical plastic piece that is screwed to either end of the trim piece however, is not something that I can seem to locate. I'm looking for either another Black one or a Tan one (I have one of each so I need a match)

I've got a tan 94 sport driver's side door panel, I can you a pic if you're interested, what exactly do you need?

There is an add in Off Road Adventures that 4 Wheel Parts puts out bi-monthly. I saw an add in there for a place selling new door panels. I can't remember the name and I dont have the magazine with me.

I will look when I het home tonight. I thint they were $287 for the pair.

Back