Am I making a mistake in this trade or not | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Am I making a mistake in this trade or not

I would rather have the Ford over a Volvo so I dont see a problem with this trade. However thats a butt load of miles on a SOHC engine. Ask him how many miles are on that engine, is it original? If thats the original engine, run from this deal. :)

Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At least she doesn't want you to buy a Honda or Toyota :)

Stinger, I dont think you are trading up for wrong reasons, I think you would be trading for the wrong vehicle! With 192k I would say the reliabilty is on the low side...

And Dan, Im glad you didnt say Nissan... I own one

:biggthump

Stinger, I dont think you are trading up for wrong reasons, I think you would be trading for the wrong vehicle! With 192k I would say the reliabilty is on the low side...

And Dan, Im glad you didnt say Nissan... I own one

:biggthump

Nissan drivers aren't annoying and they make some cool/decent loing cars & trucks. :D

I saw a Honda Fit this morning with a bumper rack with a Segway on it. I about died laughing.

Thanks Dan! Actually my wife bought it new (2000 Pathfinder) and I inherited it. It is my work truck. I really thought I would get a different response like what is the difference between Honda, Nissan, Toyota etc. Heh Heh. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I am not offended if anyone doesnt like Nissan though, its no biggie, I was just kidding.

Sorry Stinger, off topic here. Whatever you decide wish you the best.

Well the decision was made, and I didn't do the deal and I am glad, the thing that bothered me the most about his vehicle was not the mileage so much but the ghetto'd door and how you had to pull a string on the outside of the latch and press the unlock button just RIGHT to get it to unlock. Then you had to use the missing handle inside to open it, to me that is too much problem to get out of the vehicle. Also he CUT through the paneling of the door and duct taped it back which looks bad. So he has obviously some issues with the automatic lock on the drivers door. Plus the latch mech not working right on that door also. So all in all I like my volvo, it runs it gets me from point a to point b just fine. I like the opinion on this thread that said why would you trade a working running vehicle for an unknown vehicle with issues, agreed!

Well the decision was made, and I didn't do the deal and I am glad, the thing that bothered me the most about his vehicle was not the mileage so much but the ghetto'd door and how you had to pull a string on the outside of the latch and press the unlock button just RIGHT to get it to unlock. Then you had to use the missing handle inside to open it, to me that is too much problem to get out of the vehicle. Also he CUT through the paneling of the door and duct taped it back which looks bad. So he has obviously some issues with the automatic lock on the drivers door. Plus the latch mech not working right on that door also. So all in all I like my volvo, it runs it gets me from point a to point b just fine. I like the opinion on this thread that said why would you trade a working running vehicle for an unknown vehicle with issues, agreed!

If the guy did that to the door I well imagine he didn't take care of it at all.

Keep looking though if you're that intersted in an Explorer.

Agreed!!! That sounds incredibly hokey. And the good news, there are lots of decent Explorers out there.

I would rather have the Ford over a Volvo so I dont see a problem with this trade. However thats a butt load of miles on a SOHC engine. Ask him how many miles are on that engine, is it original? If thats the original engine, run from this deal. :)

Bob

ford used to own volvo...... ..... .......
the fusion is on a volvo chassis.

edit: ford sold volvo....

Many many years ago mid 90's? rented a Volvo S70, it was a very very nice vehicle.

I drove a 97 850glt for 6 years before it died. That car was a tank. I was a stupid teen for most of that and beat the piss out of it. Keep your Volvo. Even if it has some problems, at least they're problems that you're aware of.

Back