Amazing Gas Mileage on 2013 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amazing Gas Mileage on 2013

bama, LOL, when I first read the 29MPG, I was going to have to have a talk with you real fast and find out how you got that! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I get around 30mpg on back roads on trips. In town, 24-26mpg.

When I did my last post I incorrectly put 29.7 instead of 26.7. Went back and made the correction. However, I did drive on a 55 mph highway and set the cruise at 57 mph and got 31.9 mpg. This is not a misprint. I live in Florida and the roads are very flat. This 31.9 mpg was a hand calculation. I did the calculation 3 times to make sure it was correct. Needless to say I was very surprised at that number.

When I did my last post I incorrectly put 29.7 instead of 26.7. Went back and made the correction. However, I did drive on a 55 mph highway and set the cruise at 57 mph and got 31.9 mpg. This is not a misprint. I live in Florida and the roads are very flat. This 31.9 mpg was a hand calculation. I did the calculation 3 times to make sure it was correct. Needless to say I was very surprised at that number.

My friend had a rental in Florida and his best was a hair over 30, so I know it is possible. I think how flat the roadways are plays a big part.

Los Angeles traffic, I have a combined MPG of 18 :(

Back