• Register Today It's free!

Amp/sub/speakers help

coolnwo

Reaction score
City, State
ATHENS GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
OKay I am newbee so my questions might be a little dumb. I want to make a good sounding system with min money. I just put in a JVC 680 Hu and added 2 pair pioneer 2 way. BIG DIFFERENCE FROM 3 WAY?

OKay I dont to put alarms off I just want a amp that can maybe feed my speakers and 1 or 2 subs. Can anyone suggest me a amp and sub or subs. I just want decent bass and be able to turn my radio loud. and at the same time be clear. PLease Help mE!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by coolnwo
BIG DIFFERENCE FROM 3 WAY?

NO

OKay I dont to put alarms off I just want a amp that can maybe feed my speakers and 1 or 2 subs. Can anyone suggest me a amp and sub or subs. I just want decent bass and be able to turn my radio loud. and at the same time be clear. PLease Help mE!

you can go with a 5 ch amp that will beable to run all mids and a couple subs. if your will ing to spend a few dollars for a decent amp, might as well wait a little longer to get somehting good. my opinion, get a good amp that will last you a long time no matter what you have it on.

LIGHTNING AUDIO STRIKE 5 CHANNEL-700 WATT AMPLIFIER!

Would this work! so power front rear and maybe 2 10'

I heard about being able to run everythign with a 4 channel amp. How does that work and what do you recommend

Re: LIGHTNING AUDIO STRIKE 5 CHANNEL-700 WATT AMPLIFIER!

Would this work! so power front rear and maybe 2 10'

I heard about being able to run everythign with a 4 channel amp. How does that work and what do you recommend

Yes the amp will work.

About the 4 ch amp, what you would do is run your mids to the 1st and 2nd channels, and the sub''s to the 3rd and 4th

Re: Re: LIGHTNING AUDIO STRIKE 5 CHANNEL-700 WATT AMPLIFIER!

Originally posted by Explorer4u2c

and the sub''s to the 3rd and 4th

bridged mono:)

run the front channels in stereo for the 2 ways and the rear channels bridged for the sub(s)

?

If i got the 5 channel amp what would the setup be in hooking up speakers and how many subs could i hook up to it and what kind?

also what 4 channel amps do you recommend?

Thanks

a 5 channel is just a 4 channel amp with an extra mono channel.

the possibilites are endless as to how many subs you could hook up.

but if you are looking for 2 subs to just run off the mono channel, then get DVC subs and run them @4ohms mono:)

Re: Re: Re: LIGHTNING AUDIO STRIKE 5 CHANNEL-700 WATT AMPLIFIER!

Originally posted by leenjen

bridged mono:)

run the front channels in stereo for the 2 ways and the rear channels bridged for the sub(s)

Have to get all technical...... :D

Back