• Register Today It's free!

another exaust question???

chrisw2012

Reaction score
City, State
tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
i have a 2003 st. and i am wanting to dual it out. i did see the recent thread where ppl had flowmaster 40 series on thers. i am wanting to know what i could do to make it loud( very loud) but also as close as i can to make it sound like a v8( i know you will never get a v6 to sound exactly like a v8) but the closest you can get. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not a lot you can do to your system besides a nice loud muffler. DGonz has a sweet set up with a Spintech 9000.

http://youtu.be/p9QqSFQS4Lk

Besides that I guess remove the cats. All i can think of.

ok i have a question about the cats. idea. i know on a z71( nothing like st) i think its a 1999 model and up if you take the cats off it will mess up with motor and i bunch more and cause it to miss and so forth. if you cut off the cats on a 2003 st. what all is it going to mess up

and another question does anyone have a sound clip of the st 4.0l strait pipes

Random Technology makes a Y-pipe that replaces the two small pre cats below the manifolds. I am told it makes a good improvement in sound and power and it will pass emissions as long as you leave the big main cat in place. After that use a Flowmaster 40 or Magnaflow and it should be pretty loud.

Straight pipes will sound like crap on a 4.0. Not to mention the performance you'll lose.

This is just my opinion, but these engines sound horrible when loud. No matter what concoction of aftermarket parts you use. To me, a loud V6 just sounds like a struggling engine.

Back