Another+ Sport Ordered

Thorack

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 VW Passat
Well,

New here but after hemming and hawing over an Explorer Sport or a Durango the stars aligned and the wife said order the Explorer. Ordered on 10/15 and got my VIN today. Dealer tells me its another 5 weeks until production. Which if my math is right it will be over 100 days until it hits the lot from date of order. :eek:

I ordered a stripper Silver Sport, only got the tow package, 2nd row bucket seat, and power lift-gate. I didnt think it would take that long or I might have waited for better deals.

Whats the average delivery time been for most folks so far?

Thanks
Thorack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered Sept 13th and it got built December 5th, delivery estimated Dec 22-28th

Unfortunately you, and the rest of us picked a vehicle that is in very high demand right now so normal order/build/delivery times do not apply at this time.

Here is my timeline:

Ordered - Sept 30, 2013
Received VIN - Nov 08, 2013
Window Sticker Issued - Nov 26, 2013 (Nice birthday present, lol)
Build Date - Dec 05, 2013 (afternoon)
Build Completed - Dec 06, 2013 (morning)
Current ETA (outside Toronto) - Dec 15, 2013

Congrads on the sweet wheels!!! :thumbsup:

Well,

New here but after hemming and hawing over an Explorer Sport or a Durango the stars aligned and the wife said order Explorer. Ordered on 10/15 and got my VIN today. Dealer tells me its another 5 weeks until production. Which if my math is right it will be over 100 days until it hits the lot from date of order. :eek:

I ordered a stripper Silver Sport, only got the tow package, 2nd row bucket seat, and power lift-gate. I didnt think it would take that long or I might have waited for better deals.

Whats the average delivery time been for most folks so far?

Thanks
Thorack

Ordered my silver sport with the moonroof on 11/5 and was completed 11/21 and I think it is shipping this week but I'm in PA and I think it's depends on how big the dealerships order is and they need a full truck for delivery. Should c mine by the 20th. Thank god cause my private cash coupon I got in the mail expires soon.

Just got an email from my salesman. He asked if I am available Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Exciting!

I just went to my dealer yesterday and lucked out - he has 2 on order, scheduled to be built mid-January. One was already spoken for, the other wasn't. Since it was more than 10 days before build, he was able to change it to match what I wanted (Ruby Red, 401A package - the one he had on order was Black and also had the moonroof).

So, I might luck out and only have to wait a month or so. We'll see!

Just got an email from my salesman. He asked if I am available Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Exciting!

You've gotta let us know when you bring home your new ride, Hankwedge! Don't forget the pictures, either. ;)

Crystal

Will do.

I am picking it up today. Then the tint (windows and lights), blacking out the handles and ford symbols and de badging will start this weekend. Pre ordered Corsa catback and have the Cai already.

Also will post my other new ride once I get it also this week.

HO HO HO HO to me and my wife and all u out there

Back