• Register Today It's free!

Another sub/amp question!

sopedish

Reaction score
City, State
Altus Ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 EB
I have an 03 EB with factory amp and HU. I purchased two subs and an amp. I want to leave the factory amp hooked up to push the factory speakers and just use the Memphis to power my new subs. Any ideas on were to splice the line output converter at. I don't really car about the factory sub. Just want the factory amp to push the front and rear door speakers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before i replaced my radio I spliced into the wires at the radio and put the loc behind the glove box so i could make all adjustments easy. I would tap into the front speaker ch cause I tested the power from the front and rear and they front ch had more power coming from the radio. It will be close to imposible to adjust the bass tho. My amp has a bass knob which helps boost the bass @45hz up to 24db. You could put bass blockers on the stock speakers. Do u have the audiophile system? If so the front stock speakers are comps and dont sound that bad.
BTY Memphis makes nice amps. what subs do u have?

Yep I have the audiophile system. The memphis is pushing two 12 L7's. I talked the local shop here in town and they had me hook up the line output to the rear speakers and leave everything else hooked up. This didn't work at all. I'm getting sound out of the subs, but it sounds like crap. It's like the low pass isn't working. Any ideas?

well the channel u are using has every sound wave from lows to highs so the amp doesnt have a built in crossover it will sound horrid..and if it does then u need to click it to low pas then turn the low pass knob all the way down...or about 40-50hrz is what i hav been told

The radio isn't putting out full range in the rear. I know it doesn't sound true but I tested everything in the audiophile system and right from the radio the front ch's where louder and clearer then the rear ch's. I guess ford put all crossover points in the radio and left the amps to only amplify the signals. this is why I put my loc to the front ch and with my bass/gian control knob i was able to raise the volume of the radio and lower the bass to keep things equal. The front speakers in the audiophile system is a 5" comp in a sealed enclosure rated at 25wrms. It's a paper cone and they really r the best sounding stock speakers i've heard.

Back