Anti-theft sym reset | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anti-theft sym reset

michael.g

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer
No power to obd input jump wired power from lighter circuit. was able to talk to onboard computer to try to reprogram anti theft sym.with 2ea new chipped ignition keys from a botched theft attempt had to replace ignition and steering column while entering anti-theft sym.onboard computer would boot me out of whole system. I'm stuck

so this is what I read: someone tried to take your car by busting out the ignition lock cylinder? your PCM is getting no voltage so you jumped the cigar lighter circuit into the obd2 power circuit, and now you can't get your new chipped keys to do anything. first: fix the voltage problem to the PCM. check the fuse and the pcm relay. second: in order for a new PATS key to be able to be programmed into the old PCM, you need your car's 2 original chipped keys to enter into the reprogram mode of the PATS module/PCM. so now you're trying to use your new chipped keys without first programming them into the PCM? So your theft light is blinking fast and not letting you do anything? 'But my old key won't turn the new cylinder. I need one of the new keys to turn the new cylinder.' But the new key's chip isn't programmed into the PCM yet, so that won't work. 'I only have one of my car's old keys'. There's a work around.

Back