City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
ok guys,
my 92 x with 112,000 miles has a leak.
only leaks when the engine is cold and ideling,
leaks worst on passenger side. slightly on drivers side
i saw earlier that there is some coolant leaking from the top passengers of the radiator....
if i start it and pull out of the garage and let it run..then it leaks, not alot...but good amount...maybe a drip every 10-20 seconds.
Only does it when the engine is cold...if i drive for 10 mins let it get warm...and then let it idel..it won't leak.

any one got any ideas?
this can't be good for the engine.

also having hub problems, get buzzing, knocking pounding slipping deal from only the passenger side front wheel when i drive in 2 wheel drive....but works fine in 4x4, comments on this are welcome. and appericated

thanks,
ryan

ill give my past problem. got cold here in chicago and all of a sudden coolant was more than trickling just above the water pump. it was a loose lower intake manifold. so i took the upper intake off, retorqued the lower bolts and replaced upper gasket. i also replaced the upper rad hose and heater hoses to be sure. no leak.

double check where it is coming from--possible the weep hole in the water pump or your core plugs on the block. if neither of those, try the above and see if it fixes it.;)

leaky Rad!

I have been in the UP (MI) for the x-mas break. And All of a sudden i looked on the ground and saw the Rad leaking. But after it warmed up it would stop. well had a friend look at it and with the rad being plastic and aluminum, it contracks and expands. Its cold! On mine its leaking around the crips. I just keep an eye on the fluid level in the puke tank. :eek:

My Mustang did tha exact same thing. I took out the radiator and resealed the plastic endcaps and its been holding for 2 yrs now. Take it out an seal that bad boy up.

Back