Any help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any help please

Pitt7542

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt uQ
Hi there I was putting a shift kit in my explorer and when I took the separator plate off this was sitting on top of it don't know if it's a thrust washer but I also found one needle from a bearing around 1/4 inch long and around 1.5mm wide don't know where that came from either.the gearbox was running perfect but am a bit scared to put it back together any ideas at all would be great,the circle is how big it was the card is for reference only
Thankyou

Attachments

• th_03530E58-orig.jpg
    th_03530E58-orig.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 147

Hi there I was putting a shift kit in my explorer and when I took the separator plate off this was sitting on top of it don't know if it's a thrust washer but I also found one needle from a bearing around 1/4 inch long and around 1.5mm wide don't know where that came from either.the gearbox was running perfect but am a bit scared to put it back together any ideas at all would be great,the circle is how big it was the card is for reference only
Thankyou

Well Thankyou for all the input I received anyhow found out what it was and brand new box in from ford of all places they where the cheapest $3000 on the money :(

dude that pic is wayyy to small to see what it is, anyway glad you figured out what it was.

Riddle me this

Can anyone tell me why that ford would make such a box as the 5r55e that on one of the shafts spins at three times the speed of the tailshaft it's like having your teeth on a pin of a grenade don't know if the newer explorer boxes do this or have rectified it

Back