Any issues with 2018-2019 Explorers ? Looking to purchase | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any issues with 2018-2019 Explorers ? Looking to purchase

Blueoval68gt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
hey guys,
I am looking to purchase an explorer sport but I had some questions. I am coming from a 2013 Ford F-150 which has the 3.5 Ecoboost. That year range had so many issues with it that were discussed at length. This included the shuttering on the engines. Just want to know what to look out for

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Which year Sport were you considering? For your info, the 2020 will be a redesign with RWD and AWD available. The engine will change from transverse to longitudinal. 2020 Ford Explorer Pre-Release Discussion However, the Sport will be replaced by the ST version. The 2020 Explorer could be available this Spring as the 2019 is a 'short' model year.
Also, you may want to check out; Looking at purchasing an Ex Sport.. few questions

Peter

I’ll be looking into a 2018 or 2019. I guess the final price will determine which one

I’ll be looking into a 2018 or 2019. I guess the final price will determine which one
see added comment on my initial post
A 2018 can no longer be ordered but a 2019 can.

Back