Anyone ever join lift shackles with stock ones? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone ever join lift shackles with stock ones?

jumpn4jesus

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer XLT
I am wondering if anyone has ever combined the stock shackles with after market lift ones? It seems like it would be unsafe? Would end up looking like a skinny H with bolts going through the center.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no....why would you?

...There is an old thread on here with the answers...One of the moderator's, Gerald I believe, was in on making and testing Warrior shackles...They were designed with max lift and they found out if they went any taller they would not get any more lift..:dunno:

Thats not even possible. If you even could bolt the top of an aftermarket shackle to the bottom of your stock ones, it would be like a closed switch blade. You'd have less lift than just having stock shackles.

Or am I not understanding?

Yeah I'm totally confused at what you mean. :confused:

Do you mean install After market shackles OVER the stock ones because you can't get the OEM out? Or do you mean chain the AM shackles to the OEM shackles in an attempt to get more lift?

In any event the warrior shackles will give you the most lift. Going beyond their length will yield No extra lift, put more stress on the springs, and kill your ground clearance.

might work if you weld them and reinforce them but still i wouldnet trust them

are you talking about a double shackle setup like they do on toyotas with a gm shackle?

I have the autozone shackles on their now. They do fine.
Would I get more with the Warriors.

Thanks you guys answered my question.
Wasn't going to do it anyways. My brother just wouldn't stop asking me to do it. So I said I would ask. Thanks.
Not sure why he was so intent on getting me to do that. He has a lifted wrangler!:thumbsup:

I hate to say it, but I would rather roll in one of those..a heep, than in mine. I like my truck though. I love my exhaust though!:D

...You know, there is plenty of info on here to make your ride a "Jeep Eater"...:D

Yep! I hope so. I've already pulled me out. But he returned the favor when I got stuck on the frame in some ruts.

I can't find any used but useable 31" tires around here! Annoying

...Have you tried craigslist???... I know a lot of 31's went on trucks, replacing their 33's when the gas went up here...:rolleyes:

yeah. and still nothing.
It just doesn't feel right paying full price for 31's. 33's for sure, but not 31s

Back