Anyone for a new england run in may? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone for a new england run in may?

unabonked

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98Sport, 94XLT, 96Sport
I will finally be out of school for a few months. Anyone interested in a new england explorer run in late april to mid may?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just moved back up here in November.. I am In Fall River sure you know where that is just south of Taunton MA.
what do you have in mind?

kick ass, more info, im interested!

get an ATV and come to western MA with me, plenty of trails up there but an explorer wont fit through most with out some body damage

sweet I got an ATV, Im still bringing my ex. What part of western MA.

Mr. Souc do you post on Highlifter.com (i'm 01kodiak) or CTriders.com (rx4phun I think)?

Yeah get registered up in MA, my brother and I, along with a few other guys ride up there all the time, I am up there probably everyother weekend or so, some of the guys I ride with go out every weekend sometimes both days.

I am up for it. Do you need some kind of OHRV sticker in MA?

i dont know what the deal is with wheeling trucks up there. It is mostly for ATVs and dirt bikes. Some trails will fit trucks and I have seen them up there but dont know if they are permitted to be in there.

Rx4phun said:
Mr. Souc do you post on Highlifter.com (i'm 01kodiak) or CTriders.com (rx4phun I think)?

Yeah get registered up in MA, my brother and I, along with a few other guys ride up there all the time, I am up there probably everyother weekend or so, some of the guys I ride with go out every weekend sometimes both days.

Nope, I dont but this site is very informative. Thanx for the link.

Hey, guys. We may possibly be doing another run up to the Brookline/Mason, NH area. I want to do a run up to VT in the 2nd half of May when the Class IV roads are open. Most are closed December 15 - May 15. I may even try to organize a camping trip the same weekend like 3 of us did Halloween weekend last year. And check out my thread for the 2005 4-wheel Jamboree. The link is in my sig...

Ike, you gotta keep me informed on any runs your planning (other than the Jambo). Shoot me a PM when you come up with some dates or ideas.

This here is the thread from the last trip plus the pics. Let us pray that no one has a $700 repair bill like I did last time from a grenaded wheel bearing assembly. And yes, this time I know exactly how to get to the camp. The first time up was an experience to say the least. Poor Tim fell a couple times, but we survived. Now we know exactly where the camp is; you can't miss it. I made the mistake of turning off the main trail too early. Anyways, we'll once again make a stop at the Long Trail Ale brewery to purchase responsibly sipped/guzzled beverages before heading up. If anyone is brave enough, I know where there's a perpetual mudpit up by Kita's place. I tried it last summer, but it got deep like a swimming pool. There's also some moderate rock crawling up to the pit; nothing too extreme at all. Anyways once a date clears up, I'll let you guys know.

May is completely booked, but I'll be there in August!
Karl

Good call, buddy. Can't wait to meetcha.

If the truck were up and running I'd be there for sure, but chances of that are slim to none, and I'm leaning towards none.

i'm trying to see if the old rail grade out in western mass is truck friendly. this follows the current trackage in the berkshiers on its way to albany. When i was taking the train back, i saw the old stone bridges intact and the roadbed was rutted. We would be apoximatly 1/4 mile away from the active mainline at all times.

I have to see who owns it and if we can get ermission to go there. This might take a while so i'm up for any other suggestions for very late april or may.

Check those bridges thoroughly!! :)

Back