Hi, I'm the newest New England Explorer!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi, I'm the newest New England Explorer!!!

WitchCityMounty

Reaction score
City, State
Salem, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Monterey Mountaineer
Hi everybody!
My name is Kyle Wilson. I'm really psyched to be joining your club! I'm 23 and I live in Salem, MA. I'm really into kayaking, hiking and skiing. I work construction. My Mounty is my daily driver. I'm on my third Explorer, this one happens to be a Mountaineer. I had a 95 and 98 X. I love the explorer. It's the perfect vehicle for me and all my hobbies and work. I'm always towing my camper trailer or my family's sail boat or work trailers. I bought the Mounty about a month ago and have spent alot of time tearing her apart and putting her back together. I figured i would show off my new Mounty a little bit, check out the link below to my website. You can see all the work I did on the Mounty under the "Project Mounty" Tab and some pics of my last explorer under "tribute to Red X"

http://picasaweb.google.com/ExplorerKyle

So far I have upgraded the sound system to about 2000 Watts, put my Car PC in, hardwired my radar, power inverter and CB. I still have to put the upgraded 9007 80/100 bulbs in. I also have 31" BFG All Terrains on order.

I would really like to meet up with you guys for some meets and see some of your rigs. I am very interested in the Baxter Run but I post that in that thread.

Well, drop me a reply and let me know what you think of my new Truck! I am really looking forward to meeting you guys. It should be tons of fun to hang out with some people who are as into their explorers/mounties as I am!!!

BTW before you guys start welcoming me to the forum...I have been a member of the forum since 2000 but I had a different name that didn't jive with the new Mounty so i re-registered.

Great to be a part of your club!!!

Kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks slick! Time to look for a Roush-Fenway flag! Has the five-o given you flak having a laptop right in front of you?

the fuzz hanv't seem so mind as of yet. When I'm driving and watching a DVD I try to close it when I pass a 5.0 (kidding). I figure if they ever give me flack i will just switch over to Iguidence my nav software and say its just a big Nav system. I cant see the problem. they let all the people put their Tom Toms in front of their face, right?

Welcome to NEX.!

-Big D

Welcome Kyle but there isnt just guys here. Us woman do love our Xs as well!! Sandy & I wont be able to meet you @ Baxter but the later trips we will.

...before you guys start welcoming me to the forum...I have been a member of the forum since 2000 but I had a different name that didn't jive with the new Mounty so i re-registered.
Kyle

Welcome to the club Kyle :chug: I appreciate all the time and attention to detail you have spent making your mods look clean :thumbsup:

BTW you didn't need to re-register to change your screen name.. Send Rick a msg and he'd do it for you... ;)

Welcome to NEX!

welcome to the site... it is a great site very useful things on here...

another fellow mass. explorer...welcome.

the fuzz hanv't seem so mind as of yet. When I'm driving and watching a DVD I try to close it when I pass a 5.0 (kidding). I figure if they ever give me flack i will just switch over to Iguidence my nav software and say its just a big Nav system. I cant see the problem. they let all the people put their Tom Toms in front of their face, right?

Don't forget you can fit about 9 Tom Tom screens inside the laptop screen. I tried to think i of ways to mount amps the underside of my back seats in the past. Can yours fold flat with them there (understanding the airflow would suck)? What sub box have you got there?

Hi and welcome Kyle :wavey:

If you have a messenger username please let me know so I can list it on the website

Just an fyi... NEX Members should view our New Wheeling announcement thread . It will be used to help keep everyone aware of upcoming club events. :salute:

Welcome!

Nice clean looking ride Kyle. Im glad to see there are still some people out there who take the time to do things right to have their installs look good. Two thumbs up:thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the computer. I'll have to get some pictures of what electronics I have jammed in the front of mine and have you check em out. I don't think I have heard of the "Road Runner" software.... can someone fill me in??

I think I saw a picture of the "White Mountains National Forest". Good choice. There are some sweet trails to hike, and some nice water to drop your kayak in up there. I don't know of any four wheeling trails that are open to the public. Maybe you, or some of the rest of you know, but the White Mountains is a pretty sweet spot just the same.

:rangertan::cool:

One album that's missing from your collection there is wheeling/kayaking out on Cape Cod National Seashore. Better get on that one this summer... ;)

Back