Anyone got a part name or number for this hose | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone got a part name or number for this hose

Tommylee1282

Reaction score
City, State
Manville, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford explorer xlt
2007 Ford Explorer 4.0, anyone know the name for this hose that sucks fuel vapors from the canister purge valve to the intake. The outer layer of this hose crumbled off, would like to replace it but the closest I’ve come to the correct part is 5L3Z-9D289-A
Not sure if that’s the correct part or not. Thanks for any help
6516B073-D7EB-4706-8058-3F71BA580EDA.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get in touch with parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com with your vin# and that picture, they will help you.

2007 Ford Explorer 4.0, anyone know the name for this hose that sucks fuel vapors from the canister purge valve to the intake. The outer layer of this hose crumbled off, would like to replace it but the closest I’ve come to the correct part is 5L3Z-9D289-A
Not sure if that’s the correct part or not. Thanks for any help

Just use a fuel line hose from your auto parts store. Less than $3.

BTW, your beast will be much happier with this replaced!

Can you show a picture from further back? If I have more visual context, I can try to find it for you.

Can you show a picture from further back? If I have more visual context, I can try to find it for you.
I pulled the hose to get a better look at it and under the plastic insulation was a Part number. 4L24-9D289-BC Gas/Fuel ABG 7 10

I pulled the hose to get a better look at it and under the plastic insulation was a Part number. 4L24-9D289-BC Gas/Fuel ABG 7 10
I think this is the hose you are looking for: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...y-fuel-vapour-separator-6523403-1#partMatched. But it is $46. I actually did what beachcomber said to do and went to Advance Auto today and got 36” worth of hose for $6.63 including tax. It was item #CQ31616, which was 3/8” hose. You need about 31 inches worth of hose. I just reused the original connectors on the ends of the deteriorated hose.

I think this is the hose you are looking for: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...y-fuel-vapour-separator-6523403-1#partMatched. But it is $46. I actually did what beachcomber said to do and went to Advance Auto today and got 36” worth of hose for $6.63 including tax. It was item #CQ31616, which was 3/8” hose. You need about 31 inches worth of hose. I just reused the original connectors on the ends of the deteriorated hose.
Do the ends just slide into the new hose?

Do the ends just slide into the new hose?
Yeah they do with a bit of force needed. I couldn’t get the connectors to seat all the way into the ends of the hose, but it was very snug anyways and wasn’t needed.

Yeah they do with a bit of force needed. I couldn’t get the connectors to seat all the way into the ends of the hose, but it was very snug anyways and wasn’t needed.
For 6 bucs it’s worth the try, anything is better than the current hose

4L2Z-9D289-BA, list price $51.02. Currently on backorder, but there is stock in transit.

4L2Z-9D289-BA, list price $51.02. Currently on backorder, but there is stock in transit.
Whatever you do, please don't buy that hose. Get fuel line from Advance or Auto Zone

Whatever you do, please don't buy that hose. Get fuel line from Advance or Auto Zone
Oh yeah I just bought the hose 6 bucks they only had 33 inches so I got it for even cheaper, swapped the fittings and slapped it back on in under 20 minutes

Oh yeah I just bought the hose 6 bucks they only had 33 inches so I got it for even cheaper, swapped the fittings and slapped it back on in under 20 minutes
Did it improve your beast?

How do you take it off? Sounds like a stupid question

How do you take it off? Sounds like a stupid question
You mean the old hose? It should come off the connectors fairly easy. If not, you could just cut the old hose off since you will be replacing anyways. I’d wear some gloves as the old hose will likely turn your hands black.

2005 FORD EXPLORER 4L24-9D289-BC GASL FUEL PART NUMBER ON HOSE

Back