Anyone had non-automatic windshield wipers randomly sweep? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone had non-automatic windshield wipers randomly sweep?

My 2012 had this same problem. Replaced the battery and it hasn't happened since.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Went for normal Works service, mentioned this in my list of issues and had my wiper switch module replaced, will see if its fixed now.

Friend bought a Ford Explorer XLT 2011 and when he changed the battery, the phantom wipes started.

Had it occasionally on my 2014 Lincoln MKT and now on my2017 Platinum. Never bothered taking the MKT in for it and will see about the Platinum. On my 2011 Ex they replaced the module but it began doing it again later. Left it as is.

Peter

not sure if the newer ones are different but the 11 Exploders I opened the wiper switch up and it was made with flimsy contacts, if you're not sure if its bad just replace the switch because it will probably fail anyways if you use the wipers often. Its best to order with the vin number since they had a few part numbers, the new part had slightly different markings inked on it when I had mine done but double checked it before opening the wrapper, maybe upgraded part?:dunno:

Did you have issues with your automatic lights also turning on during the bright daylight hours?

This problem is the reason that I joined the forum. 2011 Explorer 150,000kms and the wipers won't shut off. I ordered a new switch today as that seems to be the typical culprit.

I replaced the multi function switch and it solved the issue.

Back