Anyone Have Rattles From Rear of Interior ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Have Rattles From Rear of Interior ?

Great news. I took the truck into my local Ford dealer and reported the high pitched jiggle and the rear rattle to them. They had me drive my truck with a tech sitting in the back seat. They isolated the source of the noises to the headliner on the rear driver side just behind the rear door area. They took apart the headliner and re-attached all of the wires that run through the roof, and affixed the headliner as designed. I have not had any further noises since the repair, it seems to have done the trick. Great service from my dealer on this one.

Sorry for bringing this up out of the grave. Have you had this rattle come back? I have a ratcheting type rattle coming from the passenger side second row lower seat belt area that comes and goes. If I leave the seat belt buckled, it doesn't come back. I've gone to the dealer several times but of course it always goes away when they look at it. I'm certain is something with the seat belt.

I also get a ticking between the center dash piece and the windshield when it is below 20 degrees out. Sounds like a BB bouncing on the windshield. Both are annoying as heck!

Sorry for bringing this up out of the grave. Have you had this rattle come back? I have a ratcheting type rattle coming from the passenger side second row lower seat belt area that comes and goes. If I leave the seat belt buckled, it doesn't come back. I've gone to the dealer several times but of course it always goes away when they look at it. I'm certain is something with the seat belt.

I also get a ticking between the center dash piece and the windshield when it is below 20 degrees out. Sounds like a BB bouncing on the windshield. Both are annoying as heck!
Is this issue with your '91 XLT? This is the 2011 - 2014 Explorer forum and I doubt the seat belt installation would be similar.

Peter

Is this issue with your '91 XLT? This is the 2011 - 2014 Explorer forum and I doubt the seat belt installation would be similar.

Peter

Ha! I'll update that! It's for my '13 Explorer Sport.

Back