Anyone heard of skyline suspension? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone heard of skyline suspension?

blue83ranger

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 sport trac
I was searching around for some lift shackles for my '04 ST and found a set called skyline suspension and was curious if anyone knew anything about them? A set shipped is $62 and they have two different holes for either 1 inch or 2 inch lift. I know the warrior 153's seem to be the way to go but was just curious about this set. thanks for any info on them.

I haven't heard of them and can't seem to find them searching thru Google. If you can post a link and or picture for them that would help.

Edit: Ok, ore these the shackles you're asking about? If so they will not work on our trucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-FORD-EXPLORER-TRAC-REAR-LIFT-KIT-2-LIFT-SHACKLES-SHACKLE-2WD-4WD-4X2-4X4-/261165583131

You need a shackle that looks like this...

picture.php

That's the ones. Ebay also has a set that are greaseable and adjustable ones for alittle more, 1 or 2 inch but i guess if the pic they list is of the actual shackles they won't fit either.
Another question, I currently have 31 courser MT's on with no rubbing but it just sits to low for my taste and i was reading about the TT/shackle lift and was wondering if i only do the TT to the maximum safest amount will the front sit noticeably higher than the rear? I would like it to either be level or have the front slightly higher than the rear. I really don't haul anything but i do have a trailer that I haven't used in a long while. Also, with the before measurements of the TT how do you know if it's still at it's factory height? The first sport trac i looked at had the bottom of the tires bowed out quite a bit and it was obvious it either settled a lot or the bolts got backed out. So if i had that ST after the TT it wouldn't be as tall as if it didn't settle.

Back