Anyone like their body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone like their body lift?

Lobo

Reaction score
I have read many posts regarding the body lifts for Ford Explorers and am still a little befuddled about which lift kit would be the best for me. I would like to know if there is a kit that has all of the necessary
parts for a 2" lift, including steering mods needed and adequate/functional brackets for the radiator and bumpers. Please let me know your opinions. Thanks!

------------------
-Lobo
An Explorer Blessing:
May you not see your A4LD in your rear-view mirror and
your radius arm bushings stay silent on the trail.

I am satisfied with the body lift on my Explorer. I had many reasons to go with the body lift.
-more room for my custom airtank.
-My old Ranger nerf bars could be mounted without being lower than the frame.
-Larger tires without rubbing?
-Eliminate my driveshaft from hitting the body. Dead Link Removed
-higher ground clearance (body)

If I didn't have these excuses I would not have done the body lift. Also, it seems that the body leans a little more with the lift.

My 3" lift was from Dick Cepek. It is supposed to be different than the PA lift. I don't know the details but most of the parts are from the PA lift.

The bumper brackets will need to be re-drilled. You may want to close in the area in front of the fan to help it pull more air from the radidator. My steering was "sticky" so I purchased a replacement U-joint type steering shaft to remedy it. You will want body lips that cover the gap between the frame rails and the body. You get less mud, dirt and water accumulation that way.

If you don't go off-roading I would say don't bother. Also, only go as high as necessary. A 5.5 inch Superlift should sufficiently cover all of one's needs.

David

Back