Anyone Running a "Mini" Spool??? Where to buy??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Running a "Mini" Spool??? Where to buy???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't but from what I read, you don't want to run a spool in it if you're using your vehicle as a daily runner.

There's an article in OffRoad (or is it 4Wheeler) that discusses the pros and cons of LS, Selectable Locker, Automatic Locker, and Spool.

spools brake too many parts...they are cheaper but really @ what cost? you dont want a spool for a DD an automatic locker such as a detroit would be a bettter choice

I don't know if there is even one made for the 8.8. I wish there was I would get rid of the POS ARB and go for that anyday of the week! You can run them on daily drivers you just have to realize that hey this vehicle isn't stock so I won't drive like it is. :)

Randy's Ring and Pinion has them I think. You will be putting alot of stress on the axle shafts if it's a daily driver. I'd look at something else, just my .02

Has anyone else heard of the Ox Locker? www.oxtrax.com i think. Right now, he only makes 'em for the front axle on a J**p TJ. I e-mailed him about it, and he said that there would be one for the 8.8 eventually. Seems the J**pers really like our axles. :smoke:

weld the spiders to the carrier and get it over with ...but i do think they make a mini spool......my old jeep i had welded front and rear(51 willys...waggy 44s) and never broke anything but like rpenner said u have to relize it's there...btw boston mangler nice full cage in your jeep!!!:D

joe they make them for the D35c,D30,D44 ........and i know people that don't like the OX (if u dent your diff cover your locker is bye bye):mad:

Ok; I e-malied him about Ox Lockers for a Dana 35 front, and Ford 8.8 or 9" rears. He said that, of those, only the 8.8 would be made, but that was still 6 months or so away. My mistake though, didn't realize exactly what he made 'em for. As far as denting the diffy, there was a post on this board somewhere about "rock rings" for the 8.8. Pretty cool, you could get 'em with a guard for the diff.

Back