Anyone Try Rockwells Yet? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Try Rockwells Yet?

BuzzisCrazy2 said:
There are alternatives to coilovers........ :D

http://www.knight-stalker-ent.com/index2.html

I run the stage 2 14" travel

Those are about the same cost if not more than the King Coilovers I quoted from ThurenFab on PS.com.

But can they handle the weight of Rockwells with double beadlock wheels and 44-46 inch tires? Its not the weight of the truck Im worried about, but the weight of the axles when she gets alittle airborne(which Im sure will happen :) ).

I know I will need straps to keep the axles from ripping everything apart, but it seems like a Coilover may be more sturdy....correct me if Im wrong, Ive not used coilovers or those shocks on a project yet.....

Could be I just need to look for a DANA 60/80 set, but they are pretty heavy too.

I might could take the body and swap it over to a beefier frame, but then its not the same truck and not an explorer anymore.

I will keep on with the design and plan stage....I wont be defeated that easily!

Daniel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you end up not using the rockwells. Send me a pm. I want them lol.

As far as the weight of the rockwells on downtravel, You can run a standard coil and shock, just make sure you put limit straps about 1.2-2" away from the full-drop of the shock so you don't destroy them. Same for the coil-overs.

I don't know who makes it, but I have seen rubber bumpstops for coilovers that actually install over the shaft of the coilover.

Whichever form of damping you run, use limit straps and bumpstops!

woohoo, ive made E.F. fame, linkin to me for rockwells woohoo

Say what?!

034X4:

PM Sent :thumbsup:

I know old post but ive got rocks under my 94, almost finished with it.

Attachments

• angle shot.jpg
    angle shot.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 142

Back