• Register Today It's free!

Anyone using the SCT tuner?

hunt1moore

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac Ltd 4x4
I'm thinking about getting a SCT tuner and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it on their 4.6?
I have found a source but would like to hear some reviews if possible. Did it help much? Any regrets or problems?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lots of people here have them. I did mine in conjunction with a CAI and exhaust. The three things all together made a huge difference. Every once in a while I return my truck to its stock tune just so I can remind myself how much the stock program sucks, lol.

There are a few guys that most of the people here use, I used Torrie from Fastpartsnetwork.com, and Jim Henson (Henson Performance) is another guy people swear by for writing tunes.

later,

Rick

hunt1more,

I sent you a pm. We're selling our rig and have a SCT tuner for sale. We got it from James at Henson Performance. He's a great rep here that can easily get ahold of if you have any questions or concerns.

hunt1more,

I sent you a pm. We're selling our rig and have a SCT tuner for sale. We got it from James at Henson Performance. He's a great rep here that can easily get ahold of if you have any questions or concerns.

I pm'd you back.

Lots of people here have them. I did mine in conjunction with a CAI and exhaust. The three things all together made a huge difference. Every once in a while I return my truck to its stock tune just so I can remind myself how much the stock program sucks, lol.

There are a few guys that most of the people here use, I used Torrie from Fastpartsnetwork.com, and Jim Henson (Henson Performance) is another guy people swear by for writing tunes.

later,

Rick

Thanks for the response! My truck feels sluggish after I installed the new tires. Plus, I wasn't impressed with it before.
I see you have installed the 4.10 gearing. That is something I want to do and is on my list! Wish I could trust someone local with the swap.

No problem. The 4.10 gears definately woke the Trac up a little. In hind sight, I wish I would have went higher. Everyone I talked to said the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 would be major, but it wasnt that big of a difference (probably because of slightly over sized tires, and because most of the people I talked to were car guys, and their smaller tires make for more noticable difference when changing gears I suppose). In any event, Im glad I did it.

No problem. The 4.10 gears definately woke the Trac up a little. In hind sight, I wish I would have went higher. Everyone I talked to said the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 would be major, but it wasnt that big of a difference (probably because of slightly over sized tires, and because most of the people I talked to were car guys, and their smaller tires make for more noticable difference when changing gears I suppose). In any event, Im glad I did it.

I would have thought 4.10 would be perfect. What would you go with if you could do it over? I assume your tires are 32"?

Back