• Register Today It's free!

The SCT tuner.

trollinthru

Reaction score
City, State
sebring, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 exorer sport trac 4x2
Has anybody tried the SCT tuner for this vehicle? I want one so badly because my truck stand to gain a few horses considering it barely spins a tire on wet roads with sand. I have new engine (3200 miles on it) and I hear great things about the sct tuner for diesels but have not spoke to a single person who has tried it for a gas engine like mine. Any **** power help tips I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A LOT of folks use SCT on this site. I've got an older XC2 model which has served me well for about 8 years now.

Search for "Henson Performance" in the forum archives or just "Henson".

James is a SCT dealer and an all round great guy to deal with.

I had one on my 04 Ranger, SOHC engine. I got a pretune from Bamachips, it was great except I kept getting a CEL. Doug sent me a couple different tune files for it, but I could never get the CEL to turn off when I was in performance mode so I sold the tuner.

I think that was just a fluke, however. Currently I'm looking at a tuner for my 99 5.0 mountaineer and I think I'm going to go with SCT. If I could get a good file to tune with a Moates Quarterhorse, I would be all over that, but they don't really support the Explorer crowd too well.

As long as the SCT will give me the same kind of capability as the Moates stuff, it should be gold in my books.

I think that's what mine is. XCal3 maybe? I'd have to go look, once I flashed it, I threw it in a storage pouch and forgot about it.

Didn't do a dang thing for MPG, but it solved my large tire / transmission issues, and for that, it was worth its' weight in gold to me.

Back