• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with a Mac on a 4.6L X?

Explorer46L

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer "XP8"
i still have my Mac CAI sitting in my garage awaiting installation. I did look under the hood and notice that there appears to be an emissions control device on the intake tube. It almost looks like a little box that is right on the intake tube. I don't think I will be able to retain this piece with the Mac. Will that be a problem? Anyone install a Mac on a 4.6L before?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think what you are speaking of its the mass air flow sensor.. I can't be 100% sure because i have a 92, but if its the mass air flow sensor the MAC kit you have, at least to my knowledge should go right up and attach to the "little box".

Thank you for your response. I could be wrong but I believe on my X at least that the MAS is inside of the MAF. If I had a picture of an installed CAI on an 02 V8 then I could show you. It just doesn't seem to be a piece that is on other engines that I have seen. Kinda weird.

Yes I know what a MAS is. I quickly put together this picture. It isn't that good because I just used the engine shot from my website. The part that is circled in white is what I am talking about. I have no idea its function but I don't think that it will be attached to the new MAC. Anyone know what this is?
286416_23_full.jpg

wish i could see what you were talkin about

Back