ARB or Engine Swap?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ARB or Engine Swap??

Explorerdude

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I would love to hear the scoop on ARB's... I talked to the ARB sales rep for the east coast and canada yesterday. I want to hear first hand what you all think of them. He said they just updated the design on the Dana 35 ARB Locker... He said the new design makes it as strong as a Dana 44(Maybe that was the new 8.8 design Dead Link Removed I forget which one it was)... He said that ARB quit making there locker for the 8.8... He said they're updating the setup on it making it stronger. He said all the Mustang guys running them on the track are blowing them when they put mass HP behind them.

He also said they updated the design on the compressor... They put more compression in the pump and updated the whole setup. He said if I get one he'll give me my money back if I don't like it. I air up and down everytime we go wheeling... From what everyone in my club says, the ARB compressors are worthless. They said they're only good in an emergancy air up... However I've seen what an ARB does in A Jeep TJ.... Very cool. Dead Link Removed

What's the scoop??

How is the ARB for the Dana 35??

How long has everyone had there ARB in the dana 35??

What size and make of tires is everyone running with there ARB??

What size and make gears is everyone running??

Please state if this vehicle is your daily driver or not.

Lastly as some of you may have read I'm concidering doing the engine swap. I haven't yet heard back from a tech from our state emissions yet... But until then I've been researching everything I'd have to do... I'm thinking that I'm going to take things one step at a time and buy gears and an ARB first. Then build a 302. Dead Link Removed

What is everyones thoughts on this??

It's a big project and I need all the advice I can get. I'm a college student so funds for things like this are minimal and much research has to be done before purchasing... I'm still paying off lift and tires right now... (Only 1408 more to go!!)

Thanks guys!! I'm looking forward to hear everyones veiws on ARB's.

Happy Weelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed
94 Explorer XLT
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's

Back