Arm Rest for Bucket Seats and small cup/item holder. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arm Rest for Bucket Seats and small cup/item holder.

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TSX
Hello everyone,
as a future owner of a ford explorer I can honestly say that the only thing that's missing from these sweet rides are arm rest for bucket seats (which would make them captain's chairs), Im sure most of you can agree with me on this one. so i have created a new idea on "ford social" with the hopes of reaching those in charge and get this awesome, simple, but necessary feature for our passengers, it will provide comfort and makes our rides more sophisticated.
I have also submitted the idea of having a small cup holder/item holder so we don't lose the convenience of the center console if we do get the arm rest. This small console was based on another vehicle I saw, the vehicle had both the small cup holder and the arm rest, it was really neat because you had the comfort of the arm rest, and the convenience of getting to the third row with ease in between the seats and still had a place to put cups or other items like phone's, wallet's etc (no center console required) this small cup holder was made out of soft rubber but tough enough to support footsteps, I'm sure this can probably cut cost on production of the current center console and still provide the convenience and comfort that ford vehicles always have. here is a picture so you can have an idea.

fordidea.jpg

Here is the link to Ford Social Idea, so vote on it so we can bring these features to our Awesome Ford Explorers :) : link coming, idea is pending approval, stay tuned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello everyone,
as a future owner of a ford explorer I can honestly say that the only thing that's missing from these sweet rides are arm rest for bucket seats (which would make them captain's chairs), Im sure most of you can agree with me on this one. so i have created a new idea on "ford social" with the hopes of reaching those in charge and get this awesome, simple, but necessary feature for our passengers, it will provide comfort and makes our rides more sophisticated.
I have also submitted the idea of having a small cup holder/item holder so we don't lose the convenience of the center console if we do get the arm rest. This small console was based on another vehicle I saw, the vehicle had both the small cup holder and the arm rest, it was really neat because you had the comfort of the arm rest, and the convenience of getting to the third row with ease in between the seats and still had a place to put cups or other items like phone's, wallet's etc (no center console required) this small cup holder was made out of soft rubber but tough enough to support footsteps, I'm sure this can probably cut cost on production of the current center console and still provide the convenience and comfort that ford vehicles always have. here is a picture so you can have an idea.

fordidea.jpg

Here is the link to Ford Social Idea, so vote on it so we can bring these features to our Awesome Ford Explorers :) : link coming, idea is pending approval, stay tuned.

Great work, MikeTheExplorer! I love the idea and look forward to seeing it on Ford Social. :D

Crystal

in the meantime, what vehicle is that floor console from? That's a great solution for the many owners who removed their center console for access to the third row and are looking to cover up the open hole in the carpeting.

2012-2013 Dodge Durango Citadel

Please be advised: if your order this "small console" from them, it does say durango on it, with big bold letters. I photoshopped it because I didn't want to seem as if I was advertising another brand on ford social or here in the forums. Personally I would wait until ford comes up with something similar or even try the mat solution. :salute:

Back