ashtray for explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ashtray for explorer

sonero

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
Ihave a 1999 explorer and it doesn't have a ashtray? why and do they sell it in the auto parts or junk yards I do not like the ashtray that you buy and you put in the cup holder I need my cup holders for my coffee and so on what could be invented for this probem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cause they found out via many years of research that they make the interior STINK!!!

Ihave a 1999 explorer and it doesn't have a ashtray? why and do they sell it in the auto parts or junk yards I do not like the ashtray that you buy and you put in the cup holder I need my cup holders for my coffee and so on what could be invented for this probem

I don't smoke nor do I allow anyone who smokes in my truck but why not get one of those cupholders that hooks onto the window and put your cupholder-type ashtray in there?

I don't smoke nor do I allow anyone who smokes in my truck but why not get one of those cupholders that hooks onto the window and put your cupholder-type ashtray in there?
---------
Now thats being pretty strick not letting your friends or relatives in your truck just because they smoke.

not strict at all. as a non smoker and never smoked at all. i find it totally dusgusting how someone smells when they smoke alot.. almost as if they roll around in the nasty stuff.. it engulfs every inch of them and what ever they seem to be wearing.
that is not rude. it is just the facts.

I'm pretty confused as to why you wouldn't just ash out the window. Why would you want to save it in the car?

fords solution was a cup holder insert, maybe you can use velcro to stick something on the side of the console, your door, dash. wherever.

I have seen some Explorers & Mountaineers with an actual ashtray.
I don't know if it was certain years or an option but I have seen them.

i saw all explorers without the full length console (xls,sports) with ashtray.

not strict at all. as a non smoker and never smoked at all. i find it totally dusgusting how someone smells when they smoke alot.. almost as if they roll around in the nasty stuff.. it engulfs every inch of them and what ever they seem to be wearing.

This is very true. I used to smoke and now no longer due (7 months now, yay!) and I find it disgusting to be around people just after they've finished smoking a cigarette. To boot, the stink gets into a vehicle and never leaves, it's hard to get a smoker's car to smell like a non-smokers.

That said, tell us what kind of center consol you have, and we can point you in the right direction. It all depends what kind of consol you have.

2nd gen 95-97 came with ashtray and in full length console.

IIRC, 95-97 had the ash tray and the tandem cup-holder, but for 98-01, the console had two cup holders and a juice-box holder. Also, IIRC, the cigarette lighter was under the door for the ash tray, but got moved onto the stereo surround for 98. Standard trucks in 98 got the same cigarette lighter labeled a power point on the dash. If you ordered the $35 smoker's package, you got the cup-holder drop-in ash tray and an actual cigarette lighter element to stick in the dash. (That's what my 98 had anyways).

-Joe

Joe, on my 97 Mountaineer (12/96 build date) I have the tandem cup holder with juice box holder and cig-lighter on the stereo surround.

We have one of these in our '95 Limited. Though we do not smoke (im in the crowed that HATES it when people smoke in our vehicle) it (the ashtray) proves to be very useful for trash.

I would get one of those if i were you, they work pretty good, but i find that hte cup holder setup is simply retarded...

This is very true. I used to smoke and now no longer due (7 months now, yay!) and I find it disgusting to be around people just after they've finished smoking a cigarette. To boot, the stink gets into a vehicle and never leaves, it's hard to get a smoker's car to smell like a non-smokers.

That said, tell us what kind of center consol you have, and we can point you in the right direction. It all depends what kind of consol you have.

thanks i wasnt trying to sound arrogant.
but it is just so true

-----------
I let anyone in my vehicles AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT SMOKE WHEN INSIDE!!!:D I do not smoke in my vehicles and I expect the same from others that ride with me.
There are many things that are disgusting. Like smelling liquor on someone. Perfume or after shave that smells like $hit, people talking down on others, people on drugs.
Disgusting is in the eyes-nose of the beholder.
I have a 30'x30' room that is well ventelated and it is for my relitaves and friends that smoke. Their friendship is worth more to me then smelling some smoke.
With that said, I do understand how you feel about smokers and respect your position on that.
BTW: If you ever want to buy a vehicle that has been smoked in just take it to a professional cleaner, they put something in the outside air inlets, run it through and you will not smell any smoke.
SO! Does that mean you will never let me in your EX with a cigar?:D

-----------

BTW: If you ever want to buy a vehicle that has been smoked in just take it to a professional cleaner, they put something in the outside air inlets, run it through and you will not smell any smoke.
SO! Does that mean you will never let me in your EX with a cigar?:D

first off haha cigars are even more horrific than cigarettes..
and for one who does not soke you can always and i mean always tell when you in a vehicle that was smoked in,.
It will neva come out.

Comments on the lack of an ash tray:

It's because, the surgeon general has determined that cigarette smoking is hazardous to one's health. FORD is just doing their part, to help save you from yourself.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first off haha cigars are even more horrific than cigarettes..
and for one who does not soke you can always and i mean always tell when you in a vehicle that was smoked in,.
It will neva come out.
-----------
Thats where all the dealers take their used vehicles to to get the smoke out. :dunno:
Your probably right that you may be able to smell the smoke but it must get rid of it for enough time to sell the car. Other wise, why would they pay to have that done.:dunno:

Back