August run in San Diego - status? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

August run in San Diego - status?

P

Pete

She Who Must Be Obeyed is flailing me about the head and shoulders to plan our summer vacation. Our calendar is already filling up fast with the summer activities. Does anyone know what the date is for the San Diego run? Thanks!

------------------

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pete, the San Diego run is still on. I an adding one more day to the trip to make it a 3 day run. (Fri.-Sun) The date is August 13-15. If anyone can not make it on Friday that is ok. We will be base at the Indian Reservation (camping or RV)so we will leave each day at this point. I will have some sign up forms for Rick to be posted sometime next week. Any questions can be sent to me at paulmbredehoft@mindspring.com. Thanks for the interest. Paul.

Paul - Thanks for the update. I've got it inked on my calendar. Will drive down Thursday night from Bakersfield with pilot, crew chief, and 3 door gunners. We'll be tent camping. My truck is stock except for 30x9.50 A/T's. Please keep us updated. Thanks - Pete

Guy's thanks for your interest in this run. Kevin & I are planning on having a run for all forms of Explorers. Their will be some runs for the stock truck & for the all out equiped trucks. The weather could be on the warm side. We will be up in the hills. August could be depending on what kind of weather we get this year, can get some afternoon thunder storms. The camp grounds are in a meadow area, but their are lots of large oak tree's surrounding the area for shade. I will probably be renting a RV to take out their. That way we will have some power hook-ups to run a VCR & TV to show movies that nite on our off-road runs for that day. So bring a cam-corder if you have one. I will give more details later as where we will meet on that Friday as a starting point before we arrive at the Indian Reservation.
Paul.

Back