Auto headlights on when they shouldn't be. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto headlights on when they shouldn't be.

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
On my 2013 Explorer XLT the automatic headlights come on when they shouldn't. It's a very sunny 71 degrees today and when I drive around with headlight/tail lights in automatic mode they are on. With the amount of sunshine we have here I'm thinking they definitely shouldn't be on now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking it's the light sensor that controls if the lights are on/off.

On my 2013 Explorer XLT the automatic headlights come on when they shouldn't. It's a very sunny 71 degrees today and when I drive around with headlight/tail lights in automatic mode they are on. With the amount of sunshine we have here I'm thinking they definitely shouldn't be on now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking it's the light sensor that controls if the lights are on/off.

Might be a bad daylight sensor, or maybe something is blocking it. It's the little black stub on the middle of the dash between the defrost vents.

Might be a bad daylight sensor, or maybe something is blocking it. It's the little black stub on the middle of the dash between the defrost vents.

That's what I'm thinking....I can get one for less than $40 on eBay.....was just curious if anyone else had the same problem of if there's some adjustable feature dealing with that in the 5th gen Explorers that I don't know about.

Back