• Register Today It's free!

Auto hub rebuild.

joeindunsmuir

Reaction score
City, State
Dunsmuir
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
i recently got the guts 2 rebuild my auto hubs on my 94 explorer so it was to my shock when i pulled off the hubs i didnt notice anything out of place upon further examination i pulled the snap ring the axle shaft spacer and removed the cam assembly and noticed that the teeth were worn out on the cam assemblys so i orded a set of used auto locking hubs assembly for 150 dollars a good price so i replaced the cam assembly put it all back together appied a layer of bearing grease and turned the driveshaft and to my amazment they locked in so i repeated the same procedure for the other side and put it all toghether and took it out and 2 my surprise it worked flawlessly so 2 all you locking hub people you dont need to convert to manual hubs just remember you can do it i did it and it only took 2 hours tops

i recently got the guts 2 rebuild my auto hubs on my 94 explorer so it was to my shock when i pulled off the hubs i didn't notice anything out of place. upon further examination i pulled the snap ring, the axle shaft spacer and removed the cam assembly and noticed that the teeth were worn out on the cam assembly's so i orded a set of used auto locking hubs assembly for 150 dollars. a good price so i replaced the cam assembly, put it all back together, appied a layer of bearing grease and turned the driveshaft and to my amazment they locked in. so i repeated the same procedure for the other side and put it all toghether and took it out and 2 my surprise it worked flawlessly so 2 all you locking hub people you dont need to convert to manual hubs just remember you can do it i did it and it only took 2 hours tops

Ok then.

Glad you got yours working. For a minute there I thought you actually dismantled the inside of your auto hubs. But really, you just replaced them, didn'tcha?

I didn't want to convert either. Found a set in a bone yard 80$ for the pair.

So where'd you order the used set from? That guy on Ebay? Sounds like his price.

Back