• Register Today It's free!

Auto Lamp Mirror Vibrates

gtyates

Reaction score
City, State
Goodlettsville Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'09 Sport Trac, '21 Explo
I have removed the original mirror and replaced it with an auto lamp mirror. The problem I am having, as many others are, is the mirror vibrates. The mount at the windshield seems to be really tight. I think my source of vibration is from where the mounting arm is attached/inserted to the mirror itself. Is there any way to tighten this up?? I hope there is. I can't remove the mirror from its mount on the windshield at this point. When I tried to remove it, I could actually see my glass moving.

First, is there a screw you can tighten against the mount? Some have that. If not, try tapping (wedging) the mirror onto the mount a little tighter. Carefully. I just did that to mine and it tightened it right up. But if it's in the actual ball and socket, I can't help you there. I don't know if that can be disassembled and tightened or not.

Well, I did such a "great" job trying to remove the mirror to tighten it that I took a chunk of glass with the mounting. Oh well, windshield was original, so I guess it is time for a new one. LOL. The good new is, I did get the mirror off and have adjusted the metal prongs that hold the mirror on, so when the new windshield is put in the mirror should be nice and tight. So, to anyone reading this thread, be EXTREMELY careful when removing your mirror.

Back