• Register Today It's free!

Auto Lamps

babyhuey

Reaction score
City, State
Langley BC , Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer.
Hey all. Vehicle is a 2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I have the headlight switch set to auto lamps as I have with recent vehicles that I've owned with this option. They come on no problem, but it is day or night. They are suppose to shut off when it senses daylight, but they not. Does anyone know where the sensor is for these. I have been told that it is on the auto dimming rear view mirror. I see a hole in the back of the mirror, and a black box below the mirror with a circuit board in it. Has anyone else expierienced this problem. thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have the auto-dimming mirror, so this may be different, but my sensor for my auto lamps is in the center of my dash right near the windshield. It looks like a little dome. If something is covering or blocking that sensor, it might explain why your lights are staying on all the time.

If you cover that dash sensor on mine the lights will come on.

Sensor is on top of dash in the "dome" already referenced. Are you sure all of the lights are coming on during the day and not just DRL's? But, it could be someone has placed black tape across the sensor to make the lights stay on all of the time.

I don't have DRL's. . . .when driving in daylight during a snowstorm i use a glove over the sensor to turn the lights on. . .they all come on headlamps, taillights, parking etc. . .

Hey all. Vehicle is a 2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I have the headlight switch set to auto lamps as I have with recent vehicles that I've owned with this option. They come on no problem, but it is day or night. They are suppose to shut off when it senses daylight, but they not. Does anyone know where the sensor is for these. I have been told that it is on the auto dimming rear view mirror. I see a hole in the back of the mirror, and a black box below the mirror with a circuit board in it. Has anyone else expierienced this problem. thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Jim seems your in Canada and all CDN vehicles require DRL's
Question to clarify this... in the day time.. are your park lights on? Im willing to be they are not and just the DRL's are on.

If all lights are on including the park lights, there maybe a sensor problem that thinks its dark all the time.

Thanks for all the help. I found the little dome which I thought was the light to show that the alarm was active. I pulled the black covering for the vent off only to find that the shop I had it at did not connect the wiring harness back to this sensor. They had the dash out to replace the moduele for the adjustable pedals and I guess that they forgot to reconnect it. Everything is fine now and they go off in the daylight and on at night. Thanks again for all the help on this matter.

Back