• Register Today It's free!

auto locks are great

hardeeharhar

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Ab Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Baur
so it is really cold this am, go out to warm up truck close door come back to find all the doors are locked but i didn't lock them.....anyone have this prob and how did you deal with it besides carrying a second key?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's an automatic door lock feature that locks the doors when the vehicle starts in motion. When you closed the door, the slight movement must have enabled the auto lock. Your owners manual describes how to disable it.

If you have keyless entry, you can use the keypad to get back inside.

there is a way to disable that??? great...no keyless entry tho....cool i will look into that
thanks

You don't have the automatic door lock function.

You must have accidently hit the lock button on the way out.

when i put the truck in gear it locks....it has done it to me before...not all the time either. today i was outside the truck when i started it and just closed the door, didn't touch anything. so because it locks when it goes into gear i assume that there is auto locks,
would be nice to disable that

lol yeah on 92 they dont have that function so next be more carefull hehe ;)

damn.owell will have to keep extra key on hand i guess

In order to have the doors lock on mine, you have to hit the break pedal, and then have it move, so you prob just hit the lock button.

And the doors will not lock if one is open when you start moving. So if it everything is working correctly, the door wouldn't have locked if you moved forward a bit while the door was open. If the door was clsoed and you moved forward a bit it would have locked, however when you opened the door it would have unlocked it. It is virtually impossible to lock yourself out of a properly working Explorer that has Autolock without having caused it yourself.

thanks all for the input but.................i am 99.9% sure that i was no where near the lock button.....i was standing outside the x....started it....turned up the heater fan and closed the door. then i was locked out when i returned.....HEY........maybe it needs a priest lol jk. again thanks for the input, its greatly app.

Maybe some jerk locked it while u were gone? How long were u away from it?

impossible........it is in my driveway approx 7 feet from my door in a very quiet neighbourhood....................although i never thought of the alarm.maybe that locked it????? aftermarket viper alarm...........hmmmmmmmm still might need a priest lol :)

Originally posted by hardeeharhar
impossible........it is in my driveway approx 7 feet from my door in a very quiet neighbourhood....................although i never thought of the alarm.maybe that locked it????? aftermarket viper alarm...........hmmmmmmmm still might need a priest lol :)

You said it right there!!! I also have a Viper Alarm in my Explorer, and it automatically locks the doors after you crank it up. It has a built in feature that is supposed to NOT lock the doors if you crank it with the door open for a certain amount of time, so if you were to close the door immediately after cranking it, then YES, your alarm is to blame.

My 93 sport will lock it's own doors and I have no alarm. I watch it pull down the lock after opening the door from the outside. Something must be bound up inside the door, I just haven't taken the time to look into it. It would do it off and on at first, now does it every time I open the door. I've just gotten in the habit of unlocking it after I open the door to avoid any problems.

i have a 92 eddie bauer and one time after i shut it off and took the key out it locked the door and I didnt touch the lock button.

Back