Auto mirror install (attn: '96explorereddiebauer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto mirror install (attn: '96explorereddiebauer)

NICE59FORDF100

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OBD-1 Kenobi
ok, i bought me an auto dimmer morror (rectanglur) from a 94 limited. anyway, ive searched and searched again, and have come to the conclusions that my wires are different colors than the ones listed on te site (in general posts) what i need is someone to look at their plug on their mirror (back side) and tell me what color wire is on which pin number on the plug. thanks a lot! below is MY plug with MY wire colors. I need the right ones so i can install this . thanks!

Attachments

• mirror plug.JPG
    mirror plug.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 125

Well...according to my shop manual, the only wire that is different is your orange/white wire. All the pins are in their regular positions so I would guess that wire is still Power (hot at all times). But use a battery and try it out and make sure it is the correct one.

ok, thanks a lot! one more question. for the auto lamp feature to work, do i need any specail equipment for my 92, since it wasnt wired up for an auto mirror? or is it jump a simple 'splice into a wire that is already there' type of thing? thanks lot!

Heh...I have no clue. You might want to check out my thread about this because others had problems installing this feature but they figured out how to make it work so do a search.

Back