• Register Today It's free!

Autolamp Issue

gtyates

Reaction score
City, State
Goodlettsville Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
'09 Sport Trac, '21 Explo
Quick question on autolamp option. Just picked up a mirror for my '96 with autolamp/autodim. I have wired it in using instructions from this forum. Before I pushed the overhead console place everything was working properly, including delay off and autodim. I have pushed the overhead console back up, and now the auto off function is not working. lamps come in immediately, but will not shut off. Does the red wire form the mirror control the auto off relay in the mirror? My connections all appear to be very solid, but if any wire might be not quire connecting it could be the red wire to the yellow/grey wire in the overhead console. Any ideas?? Of course I guess it is possible it is the mirror itself, though it is strange it was working before I shoved back in the ceiling. Thanks for any ideas.
Update:
I decided to simply disable the delay feature by taking the green wire from the mirror and tapping it with the red wire form the mirror, which are now both tapped into the grey/yellow wire in the overhead console. Autolamps and autodim works, just will not longer have a delay turning the lamps olff after I turn the truck off. No problem as I park in a garage anyway.

Back