B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

urrgghh!!! called Bob at TM headers and they still havent left yet! Kinda makes me mad since they were suppose to be done last week and ready to ship, cause If i get them by June 16th I plan on having it all together that weekend.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

002.jpg

001.jpg

I was gonna say..."Was that an ATLAS?" What set up is it?

So a weird thing happened yesterday, got home and noticed on my porch another delivery from UPS a box the same as the one I allready got from discount steel where I order my DOM tubing from, kinda scratched my head cause I allready got my DOM tubing order. Pull the ticket off the side and sure enough got the same order I just previously did twice LOL, the DOM for longarms, steering and track bar, so I called around trying to make sure I wasnt charged twice, concluded i wasnt.
Called steel co. they realized there error and we made a deal :) sweet one I think, moral of the story i have more DOM, and 4link seems more and more like a good idea to start now on!!!

Been working hard on the beast last nite and today! Longarms are all mounted, i had 4degree wedge bushings, which may be to much, prolly only need 0, LOL, but maybe I will go 5.5 coils, which will make up the differance, cause right now i dont wanna pull it back apart.

Install oil filter relocation L&L on the engine, getting ready to go back down and reinstall steering box, which is now tapped for hyrdo, went and flushed it out with parts washer for quite a while just incase in little shavings were still in it.

After it gonna working on installing my a/c compressor, powersteering pump, and pass side valve cover needs changed, oil filer neck area was damaged when i mounted cab, sh** LOL, so plenty to do, this next week should be some huge progress, hopefully!!! I plan on it driving itself around by the end of the month!:roll:

Few pics:
005.jpg

Port for hydro line need elbow to close to oil filter relocater
001-1.jpg

Starting to rip into the explorer:
003.jpg

Complete exhaust, has newer flowmaster muffler, will all get modified
002.jpg

How much for the back bumper on the Ex?
Motor any good?

Brad,
If you need some help I will come down on a weekend and give you a hand... Maybe we can trade help and we can fix my tranny leak if your brother lets use his lift. This all I need to get done on my rig before SMORR.

Chad sounds good, I more so just need moral support and motivation to stay in the garage and keep working on it :)
hard to say if he will let us on his lift, he kinda a but sometimes about that but we can try, does it just need gasket replaced between tranny and t-case??

Back bumper would be little to much to ship that far, but 50 bucks would buy it locally.

I think it is the gasket that goes between the tranny and the adapter that the t-case bolts to. But my plan was to replace all the gaskets that go between the tranny and the t-case to be safe since it will already be apart. I have see what we have going this weekend. I know my son has baseball on saturday, but sunday is my day since it is dad's day :D

A few set backs this week on progress:

Had to play bumper/rally cars on the trails with some junkers:
007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Spent 2 day getting this home
010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

And for progress on the build, im came up here taking a break since i cut my finger and needed a band aid, work on fuel lines and figuring out the best plan for adding some of the explorer gas tank sensors. Also some other explorer emissions sensor that im gonna switch over.

Today got a task done that I had not been looking forward to, modified the stock bronco 2 tank, welded a peice from my parts 97s tank, for some sensor and breather port all for emissions and sensors I believe, doing this cause I do not want a Cel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back