B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2 Guys Bronco Build, restore for crawling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending time posting anymore..

Well, i picked up a lightly modded 89 Bronco 2, that will be serving as my new offroader, I will have it ready for July Smorr event.

Current To do list:
Swap in Explorer 302
Explorer Auto
Arb Front locker -install
Longarm build for front
Possibly a 4 link rear?? _not till after Smorr

Cage, body trimming and cutting. not any more, bought a different body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well yesterday was a great day I will recap
Woke up at 6:30am sold Jeep Rubicon at 7:30
Worked on Ranger/B2 Build
Got garage floor cleaned, with water and rinsed out -not near as Nasty
Went rode trippin for A bit,
Went to Redneck Mudrun in the sticks LOL that I forgot a bout only about 15 mins from my house, took several pics, gonna ad few for you all.
Came home, about 8 friends came over, we fried Fish, and all kinds of stuff, and drank quite a bit of Jagemiester, Southern Comfort and a few other things while playing cards.
Followed up with drunken online Grandtheft auto 4 playing LOL

Damn what a great day!!!

Few cute girls also :)
127-1.jpg

131-1.jpg

065-4.jpg

Ah- Today, well have accomplished much trying to get motivated to work in garage. Went and watch Verdos tearing crap outta there fullsize bronco, rolled it on a jump onto left side, was pretty crazy! Also took the Escapes Virginity, she has now ran 1 small loop of our trails, and down a big hill and across a creek LOL, if it had low range that would help it, o well.

Well I had thought about maybe switching to a 9in, but that will cost me a ton, compared to the 8.8 i have thats allready disk brakesm detroit locker and lower geared, I was thinking about how a an upper 4link mount would be kind tough since the top of the pumpkin not quite flat, but I found this truss I like , so Im think this is route I will go, Im also seriously considering 4linking it now, while body is outta the way, I kind wanted to strecth my wheelbase a couple inche will make my departure angle crazy in the rear.

http://www.barnes4wd.com/product_info.php?cPath=365&products_id=2318

Ordered some parts today to build longarms, they will be very simialr to my prior james Duff arms I ran, accept straight with out a bend, the bend is not needed since the axle is fullwidth and wedges were moved in.

Ordered some parts today to build longarms, they will be very simialr to my prior james Duff arms I ran, accept straight with out a bend, the bend is not needed since the axle is fullwidth and wedges were moved in.

Let me know how these lookand work out.. Maybe I can build a set instead of paying 700.00 for when I/we change my suspension:D Looks great so far...

Update on materials

Longarms and Lower 4link bars will be 2in OD, 3/8 wall, so 1, 1/4 Id

Upper 4link bars will be 1, 3/4 OD , 1/4 wall

Redoing some steering with 1&1/2 Od 1/4 wall - I think??

Update: Tonight got my tcase front input changed only to realize still need another part for it to work, there is a 3/4 spacer that goes between t-case and the tranny cause the output on the tranny bottoms out, o well, getting it ordered tommorow. Also, Im up in the air with the 4link right now DOM, good heims, tube inserts, cost alot!!!!!!!!! + mounting tabs and axle truss. So will focus only on my front longarms for now. I have to have this thing going buy July 16th weekend.

Also side note while working on Atlas Tcase be carefull, dang thing has alot of sharp edges sliced up my finger pretty good.

003-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

thanks guys, I only post cause I think other people like to see progress, pics and how things work.

Looking at a couple hydro assist rams, i was gonna use one from my local tractor supply but was way to big and bulky. here are some ideas, ny one have a recommendation, I will be tapping the steering box myself.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-13....com/item.asp?item=9-7258-8&catname=hydraulic

Order some metal today

3 peices of 1 & 1/2 , 1/4 wall for steering and track bar redo.

and 2 peices of 2in 3/8 wall for my front longarms.

Also removed all 6 body mount bolts on Ranger cab, waiting on a guy to come hear engine run then might finish pulling body of the Ranger today.

Maybe even set it on bronco chassis just to check a few things but pull it back off in a few days.

Really thinking hard about running a Highsteering Knuckle on the passengerside for my steering box link, then redoing the track bar to get it in better alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back