Badlands Sunday August 14th (midwest area) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Sunday August 14th (midwest area)

mynameisaric

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bolingbrook, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Callsign
KD9OWX
This may be cancelled due to lack of ppl. PLEASE let me know if you want to go. if saturday is a better day than thats fine because it was only going to be on sunday for the other kid setting this up but he cancelled.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Badlands Offroad Park (http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/)
3968 N. Xavier Rd.
Attica, Indiana 47918

Opens 9 AM and closes 5 PM ( I would like to ride all day)

The plan is to meet up an oasis that is close to everyone and is also on the way down to the park and caravan down as a group.

So far these are the people going
(I will continuously update this, and let me know if I left you out):

-Aric(me) - Explorer on 33's
-Matt P.- Explorer on 31's

Maybes:
-Taxxman2k

Cancelled:
-Kierre - Ranger FX4 on stock shoes (cancelled)
-Matt - Ranger FX4 level II on 31's (cancelled)
-John - (cancelled)
-Jim - Jeep on 33's (cancelled)
-Another of Kierre's friends (cancelled)

Let me know if you want to join. everyone is invited and no one has hardcore trail rigs. stock 4x4's welcome to come.

CB and Tow Points are a GREAT idea tho. unless you want to be pulled from your front crossmember or from this odd point in the back of an explorer by the spare tire that likes to bend pretty easy.

Check out GJarrett's trail equipment page for an awesome list of required and recomended supplies. http://www.explorer4x4.com/trail_equip.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can have a blast there on the green trails (eaisest). I was there last weekend had it was the most fun you can have with your clothes on. The creek is alot of fun but smells like sweage (all the gear oil i think). Be aware though, even on the stock/green trails you seriously run the risk of rocker damage if your still stock/close to stock. You'll have a blast though!

I'd like to go. I'm completely stock. How do you think it would do? I'm
not looking to get any body damage.

Your rockers will get abit of rash.

Not bad though.

i've got 4 inches of lift... and i dont like my rockers anyway ;)
Bippy93 as long as you have 4 wheel drive i think you'd have fun. stock explorers are more capable than you'd think. you just have to be more careful and watch your line alot closer. where is Bradley at in relation to chicago. i'm 40 minutes southwest of chicago at the top of will county. my plan is to meet up somewhere on the way to the badlands around 6am and caravan down as a group. its a 3 hour trip from my doorstep. $15 admission and $5 per passenger. if your under (like me) you need all kinds of forms signed. i'm not sure if your over 18, i think you can just fill the forms out there.

Unfortunatly this is too soon after Chubfest for me, money is kind of tight. The RRORC club is having thier "Fall Out" run there sometime in Nov(probably11th-13th) though. :thumbsup:
bippy93 - if you still got your running boards on I'd remove them or the Green trail will do it for you. Other than that if you take it easy you will only scrap up your rockers some, but there is a high chance you may dent them some too.

well i'll go in November too. but i have to do so much to get my truck ready.... change my oil/oil filter... flush my trans for the first time in its life and change the filter, hopefully regear and get my locker installed. anyone know a good place around here to regear?

mynameisaric said:
anyone know a good place around here to regear?

My friend up in Reeseville, WIS is going to be doing the gears for my new B2... I'll PM you his info. He is about 2hrs north of the IL/Wis boarder.

not to discourage anyone from this trip, but you will hit your rockers on many of the hills on the green trail, especially if you are stock.....i am on 31's and took out my drivers side rocker there , and on the same hill saw an explorer sport on 33's still hit his rock sliders, so there is the real possiblilty for body damage....the good thing is though is that there are enough places to go around most of these hills so you wont have all that damage.

Sadly i wont be able to make it either....just like splashman its too close to after chubfest and thats the weekend before i go back to school, so i wont have the time or the money. i plan on making it out there again in late sept or early october with the midwest off-road guys, or in november with the rrorc guys.

Have fun! :D

i dont like my rocker panels anyway. but i think my gas tank will hit before my rockers. the tank hangs much lower. i just absolutely love the sound of that skid plate sliding over things. well not really, but i really want to go to the badlands. i'm getting tired of pavement. i want some trails to go crazy on.

I have been wanting to go for a long time. I got an old school 91 explorer sport on 31s. I am in Indiana so would I just meet you all there? what time about? send an email or something with the info I need time and place to meet, cell number(s), etc. :thumbsup: my email is fasta4@hotmail.com

thanks

Matt

Re: Badlands August 14th

Matt,

Sent you an e-mail. let me know if you did not get it, and i will send it again.

-Aric

I got your email and just emailed you back

I may. Depends on what happens to me in KY this weekend. And if my overheating gets under control.

Code - that was the first time I ever experienced the creek smelling like that. Hopefully it will be ok. Though it was like 100 out that day.

As for rockers. It "CAN" be done, but its not likely. There are atleast 2 dozen ways to run the green and you can find the hills with less of a breakover and walk away without a scratch. The creek will pose no problems for anyone. But you do run the risk on the green with a stock truck or getting some scratches and riding the rockers.

Again, I'll look at it again after this weekend and see if I still am in shape to go and I may come out for atleast half a day.

alright, that sounds good. keep me updated. i'd love to have another vehicle out there.

taxxman2k said:
Code - that was the first time I ever experienced the creek smelling like that. Hopefully it will be ok. Though it was like 100 out that day.

Every couple of years it gets like that. I think it is from the ponds and mud holes upstream sitting and furmenting. Then once it rains that crap then washes down stream and makes the creek stink. If it rains normal there it never stinks.

please take many high resolution pics!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hopefully my dad wont be a nazi and let me use his digital camera. that thing takes incredible pictures. he had it on 400x600(lowest setting) resolution when he went with me to the cliffs, and those pictures turned out pretty decent. my sister wants to ride shotgun and if she does, she'll bring her digi cam and that one is nice too. so i should bring back some pretty sweet pictures.

Back