• Register Today It's free!

Ball Joint Help

Alexdeluca

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer xlt
So i figured out that the creaking i have been hearing in my front end have been from the ball joints. so i have been looking up upper and lower ball joints and i found a kit for all four ball joints from 1aauto.com. Anybody have expreience witht these guys or this product?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I havent had any experience with them personally, but there have been plenty of other forum members who have since 1A Auto is a vendor on the forum. If you use the search feature to look them up, itll probably come up with multiple threads about them. But from what i recall everyone seems to be happy with them and iv seen others recommend them

i paid about $165 (delivered) for Moog upper's and lowers from RockAuto including new end links. FYI: if you still have your OE uppers you can't just replace the ball joint. for my money Moog suspension parts are the best. and you can get 5% off with the forums discount.

1AA Auto is Cooooool

So i figured out that the creaking i have been hearing in my front end have been from the ball joints. so i have been looking up upper and lower ball joints and i found a kit for all four ball joints from 1aauto.com. Anybody have expreience witht these guys or this product?

I have bought several parts from 1 AA Auto and have used several of their videos on youtube to help me with repairs. As long as you are putting in the correct information for your vehicle you should get the right parts. I bought ball joints for my 93 Grand Marquis, window motors, shocks all came very quickly and they were the right parts the FIRST TIME!!

I got my lowers from Rock Auto. They're the ones with blue boots. I'm as hard as hell on them with no complaints after 25,000klms+

I got my lowers from Rock Auto. They're the ones with blue boots. I'm as hard as hell on them with no complaints after 25,000klms+

i believe the ones with the blue boots are the ones with the "gusher bearings" they're Moog's best. that's what i bought too. should outlast the truck w/periodic greasing.

Back