MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
*** There are NO dyno results in this MPG program review.
( that even sounds silly ) ***

the fourth program on my 4 program Bama chip was a 87 octane high MPG program. I am a fairly agressive driver from time to time.
Pretty much an even mix of highway and " city " driving.

Normally I get 240 - 245 to a tank before the light telling me to get fuel lights up. I have a Sport with a 17.5 gal. tank.

This time I got 275 miles beofre the light came on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the process I got NO CEL's
There was very little performance degation. Nothing to upset me any way.
It does run a little less agressive and " choppy " but it is a MPG program and not a performance program.
I am sure if I drove like I had an ounce of common sence I could get 300 out of a tank.

I have a road trip to Raleigh comming soon. I will record the results against my prior Raleigh trips which ( obviously ) is all highway travel.

This program is a rock solid winner. A must have program for your Bama chip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good stuff :thumbsup:

now try acetone :D

MONMIX said:
*** There are NO dyno results in this MPG program review.
( that even sounds silly ) ***

the fourth program on my 4 program Bama chip was a 87 octane high MPG program. I am a fairly agressive driver from time to time.
Pretty much an even mix of highway and " city " driving.

Normally I get 240 - 245 to a tank before the light telling me to get fuel lights up. I have a Sport with a 17.5 gal. tank.

This time I got 275 miles beofre the light came on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the process I got NO CEL's
There was very little performance degation. Nothing to upset me any way.
It does run a little less agressive and " choppy " but it is a MPG program and not a performance program.
I am sure if I drove like I had an ounce of common sence I could get 300 out of a tank.

I have a road trip to Raleigh comming soon. I will record the results against my prior Raleigh trips which ( obviously ) is all highway travel.

This program is a rock solid winner. A must have program for your Bama chip

Yeah but how much does the chip cost? Even at $2+/gallon it takes a while to make up for the cost of the chip

Oh yeah it is not about the cost savings.
It is more about if you are getting a chip any way, this is a very worthy program to get.
I bought the chip for performance reasons, but I dont always need performance.

Besides what on these things can truly be considered an investment any way ?

Hokie said:
Yeah but how much does the chip cost? Even at $2+/gallon it takes a while to make up for the cost of the chip

maybe at $3.50 a gallon... oh wait it IS 3.50 a gallon :p

You're running a test for MPG figures......so do the math (expecially since you're testing). I assume you know how to do it the, "old fashion way?"

Enough w/ this I got x.. miles on my tank (17.5 gal tank) and this time I got XXY, when the gas light came on.

Sorry for the rant.

Aloha, Mark

FWIW, I get 275 to a tank pretty regularly without a tune... (before the light comes on) I'm not a lead-foot, but I don't pu$$y-foot it either.

Bama chip

Not trying to sell anything....but fellow forum members...Bama chips, more specificly Doug(owner of Bama chips) is the real deal.. I cannot recommend him enough.. I have installed a custom setup with my 5.0 97 eddie(now superchargered, headers, injectors, maf, etc, etc) we have tuned my truck to unbelievable. He has been there every step of the way making adjustment based on my input...Basically I'm trying to say is that he WILL get your truck right. More than that is he really trully knows what he is doing. you won't be dissapointed.

Rob Figueroa

fig said:
Not trying to sell anything....but fellow forum members...Bama chips, more specificly Doug(owner of Bama chips) is the real deal.. I cannot recommend him enough.. I have installed a custom setup with my 5.0 97 eddie(now superchargered, headers, injectors, maf, etc, etc) we have tuned my truck to unbelievable. He has been there every step of the way making adjustment based on my input...Basically I'm trying to say is that he WILL get your truck right. More than that is he really trully knows what he is doing. you won't be dissapointed.

Rob Figueroa

I concur completely.

Having visited Doug and observed him dyno tuning my truck, I was even more impressed with his work ethic and vast tuning knowledge.

Further, he is a damn good guy to boot.

Does Doug fly to where you live to tune your vehicle?

[QUOTE='97 V8]Does Doug fly to where you live to tune your vehicle?[/QUOTE]

You would have to contact him and ask that.

I drove up to B'ham when he tuned mine.

Hm Birmingham isn't too bad a drive from me, I was there about 2 years ago. He probably doesn't have the equipment to burn for an OBD-I though. :)

Back