Basic Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills Training Videos | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Basic Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills Training Videos

The Electrician

Reaction score
City, State
Makkah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT 4WD V6
The best videos about Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills

Enjoyable Watching :D

Camel Trophy Basic Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

4xForum.com Basic Off-Road Driving Training Videos

Tire Pressure and Off Road Vehicles

4x4 Driving: Sand Tracks

Driving on Salt Pans

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The Land Rover Experience Essential Guide to Off Road Driving.

Hill Driving
Ascents, Descents, Side Slopes and Rutted Tracks

Open Ground and on Road Driving
Overcoming rocks and boulders, articulation, and negotiating ditches

Reconnaissance

Snow Driving

Sand Driving

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the guy's voice kind of put me to sleep. then again, i was watching this in the middle of the night. i like the ones on youtube that jeep puts out. those are easily understandable and quick.

jeep's vids are good but not expanded like these vids.

also, with camel trophy training techniques you can achieve more out of your trucks

I need to watch these vidoes one of these days.
Off-Roading to me seems to be something you know how to do, or something you should not do. It came natural to me to be out there on the trails. I got in some deep ruts and went through an area with some large rocks and with knowledge and careful navigation its easy to avoid hitting the guts of the truck. I've never smack the frame once on my truck and she's sitting stock.
Anyways, I'll favorite this and come back sometime when I have time.

I added the new vid's from

"The Land Rover Experience Essential Guide to Off Road Driving."

Hope you like them.

The first video, I swear I've heard that voice before. Possibly during those filmstrips we watched back in elementary school.

All I've watched so far is the first video- but it's good stuff. Nothing ground breaking, but a good intro for newcomers and a good review for the experienced. I fall somewhere in between- more to the newcomer side.

Thanks for the videos! Some of the directions provide a good laugh. "Resist pushing on the brake pedal, Trust your Land Rover."

On a serious note, they were very informative. Thanks again.

The videos were very informative but they are a bit dry. I enjoyed them and wathed them all. Thanks.

من اخوك ابوريان

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
اخي الفاضل ابو عبدالله فرصه طيبه اتعرف عليك وهذا يزدني شرف وبخصوص تعديلاتك الي بينتها ماشاء الله عليك في هذا المنتداء قويه وممتازة انا عندي اكسبلور 2009 وكنت بابيعه لمشكلت الخلوص الأرضي له وبعد ماتابعت موضوعك وفديواتك صراحه هونت من البيع بس ودي اسئلك بعض الاسئلة لو اخذة منوقتك شوي اولاً: كم تكلفت التعديلات الي قمت بها ثانياً: بالنسبه للعكوس لاحظة عدم رجوعها لوضعها الطبيعي بسبب ارتفاع السيارة والكفرات بحيث تكون في وضع منحني
هذا وتقبل مروري وشكراً

اخوك /ابوريان

من الرياض

هلا أخوي أبو ريان

بالنسبة للتكاليف ما جمعتها وما اظنها تنفعك لان الاسعار تتغير من فترة لفترة حسب الموسم

في الريجيستري الخاص بي حتلاقي ارقام القطع وممكن تدور عليها بقوقل وتضيف عليها سعر الشحن

المقصات العلوية تكلفتها 550$ بدون تكلفة الشحن والتركيب

بالنسبة لزاوية العكوس فليس لها أي ضرر يذكر

أنا أنصحك تستخدم مساعدات الرانشو مع كفرات مقاس البرادو 265/65/17

اما إذا رفعت السيارة اكثر من ذلك واستخدمت كفرات مقاس اكبر فسوف تحتاج إلى تغير نسبة تروس الدفرنسات مع مقصات علوية تفصيل بي تي اف

آسف لا يتحدث إلا الانكليزي هنا

Translation of my post should read..

Sorry, only English is spoken here

Electrician, do you mind giving us a translation?

Electrician, do you mind giving us a translation?

I'll be glad to do so, and here is the Translation

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
اخي الفاضل ابو عبدالله فرصه طيبه اتعرف عليك وهذا يزدني شرف وبخصوص تعديلاتك الي بينتها ماشاء الله عليك في هذا المنتداء قويه وممتازة انا عندي اكسبلور 2009 وكنت بابيعه لمشكلت الخلوص الأرضي له وبعد ماتابعت موضوعك وفديواتك صراحه هونت من البيع بس ودي اسئلك بعض الاسئلة لو اخذة منوقتك شوي اولاً: كم تكلفت التعديلات الي قمت بها ثانياً: بالنسبه للعكوس لاحظة عدم رجوعها لوضعها الطبيعي بسبب ارتفاع السيارة والكفرات بحيث تكون في وضع منحني
هذا وتقبل مروري وشكراً

اخوك /ابوريان

من الرياض

Greetings Brother, I'm really glad with your mods on the Explorer and vids within this great forum

I have 2009 Explorer I was really upset with it's poor ground clearance (I wanted to sell it) till I read your mods.

I would like to ask you few question:

How much did it cost you to do all the modification?

I notice that lifting the Explorer caused the axle shaft to operate in sever angle, would that be a problem?

هلا أخوي أبو ريان

بالنسبة للتكاليف ما جمعتها وما اظنها تنفعك لان الاسعار تتغير من فترة لفترة حسب الموسم

في الريجيستري الخاص بي حتلاقي ارقام القطع وممكن تدور عليها بقوقل وتضيف عليها سعر الشحن

المقصات العلوية تكلفتها 550$ بدون تكلفة الشحن والتركيب

بالنسبة لزاوية العكوس فليس لها أي ضرر يذكر

أنا أنصحك تستخدم مساعدات الرانشو مع كفرات مقاس البرادو 265/65/17

اما إذا رفعت السيارة اكثر من ذلك واستخدمت كفرات مقاس اكبر فسوف تحتاج إلى تغير نسبة تروس الدفرنسات مع مقصات علوية تفصيل بي تي اف

Greetings brother

regarding the total cost, unfortunately I did not calculated them. in addition I don't think they will will be helpful to you, because the prices keep changing from time to time and from a season to another

In my registry you will find the parts numbers for all the mod, google them and add the cost of shipping and installation

BTF custom extended upper control arms with uni-ball joint cost 550$ plus shipping and installation fees

regarding the new angle for the axle shafts, this wont cause you any problems at all

for you, I highly recomend that you use Rancho QuickLift Struts along with 30.5"s tires (Toyota Prado OEM tires size) 265/65R17

If you lift the Explorer more than that and used bigger tires then you need to re-gear your differentials and utilize BTF custom extended upper control arms with uni-ball joint

Thanks.. Just out of curiosity is that farsi or Arabic? I know the alphabet shares some common letters/symbols..

Thanks.. Just out of curiosity is that farsi or Arabic? I know the alphabet shares some common letters/symbols..

This is arabic. And yes, farsi language utilize the arabian alphabet.

Back