Battery Problem

marmar1305

Reaction score
City, State
Utopia Barrie, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT 4.6L V8
Hi,
My 06 Explorer is equipped with the audio file system with 6 CD player and amplifier.
I recently replaced the 6 CD player with a refurbished one bought on eBay in my Explorer.
Now I have the following problems:
- When I start the car sometimes the passenger's airbag off light above the CD player stays on and the airbag indication light doesn't go out either. When I re-start the car the lights go out.
- After 3 days of not using the car the battery is drained.
I checked the connectors at the back of the unit but everything seems connected properly.

I also have the following problem ... the display doesn't light up properly or not at all when switching on the unit. When pushing against the front panel the display lights up.

How can I solve this problem?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If all you did was swap the radio, and then you started having all those issues...I would say send it back and get another one.

either its just bad timing and the battery is on its way out..... theft/airbag lights come on very often when a battery is becoming dead... or the amp is staying on but this should not point towards a bad amp because the system should be killing remote power

my 1998 had a goofy theft light for a month then bam battery was dead... tons of threads pointed in that direction

Agree with the above that it's most likely the new head unit. Not sure why that might happen though beyond coincidence.

Next time you anticipate the truck sitting for a few days, pull the fuse for the radio. Depending on results you can rule the radio in or out as the culprit.

the factory units have a problem with the display there are a few how to's on fixing this with some common parts are a solder iron.... mine didnt light up so replaced it with after market

Back