• Register Today It's free!

Baumann Installed

tonga3

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklin Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 exp. EB 5.0
I finstalled the shift kit on the weekend, went rather smoothly except for the fact that when it was all back together I found a small filter that belonged above the valve body, oh well nothing like doing the job twice;) . I went with stage three and all I can say is wow!! this is a great mod and I recommend to everyone, simple to install with a little patience and alot of double checking. But definately worth it. Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone!!!

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds tempting....

Can you elaborate more on the kit? Like price and what was required to install? How does your truck act now? Sorry for the 1000 questions, just a bit curious :rolleyes:

I think the kit was $120.00, the install requires you to drop the tranny pan remove the vavlve body and perform modifacations to the valve body and seperator plate. I have never even thought about taking apart an auto tranny before, but the instructions are so good you can't go wrong. As far as how the truck works, much firmer and more decisive (nice spelling there). I makes it much more enjoyable to drive and extends the life of your tranny.

Andy

tonga3 do you have any other mods to your X ? I bought the kit already and can't decide between stage 3 or 4. If you could do it again would you make it stage 4 to start or stay at 3 ?

Thanks

Tom

If I was to do it again I would go stage 4, stage three is still a little mild for my liking, but I will be driving it in the winter so I diden't want to have to worry about my wife spinning the tires on a 2-3 shift. But remember once you use 4, your stuck there, you can only go higher. But I say go for it you'll be happy.

mine is not a daily driver so I don't have to worry about rain or snow.

Thanks for the info. I am going to use stage 4 :D

Tom

Stupid question here??? What do ya'll mean by stage 3 or 4?

Thanks,
John

The stages refer to the different shift levels which you can choose there are 5 of them with 1 being softest and 5 being firmest.

I installed the stage 3 in my Ranger and am not as happy. During daily driving, it really hits hard 1-2, especially in stop and go tracffic, it is annoying. The other problem is at the stack, it is not good enough. I am going to have FordChip remap the electrical side and see if that helps.

Back