BBk instacharger/turbo coupe supercharger swap for explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BBk instacharger/turbo coupe supercharger swap for explorer?

95EXP4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago,IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT 4x4
I was wondering if you would be able to install a bbk instacharger if you just had the eaton unit itself they say you can buy a kit from summit but I can't quite find it. If you can get one how much is it?? And has anyone ever done a swap of getting an install kit to use the bbk instacharger from another vehicle or infact the ford thunderbird super coupe? If so do you have to make any modifications to your computer, fuel system, and other things?

The BBK instacharger kit comes in 2 units: the install kit and the blower kit. The install kit basically only includes the intake relocation stuff. The blower kit includes the computer, fuel management unit, intake plenum, and s/c intake plenum. Basically, you'd have to order all that stuff seperately from BBK and I don't know if you can.

So no, you can't just use another blower unit with the BBK kit.

Well I would think since eaton is the one that makes them the one off the turbo coupe would almost be a direct swap no?

but what I'm saying is you can't really get the BBK kit without the blower. The intake and TB plenums come preassembled to the unit.

Back